We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays in Gettysburg

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Holidays in Gettysburg

Hello all, I am headed to Gettysburg next week for a long weekend. Just curious if there are any must do events or anything of the sort going on that weekend. Of course I will be visiting the battlefield and other historic sites but I am bringing my gf along who is not much for history and would like some neat things to take her too. Thanks!

reviews: 2
1. Re: Holidays in Gettysburg

And also curious how crowded it gets in the winter, I have always been in the summer months, mostly as a reenactor years ago and then some as a tourist. Needless to say it can be overwhelming at times. Hoping this late in the year will be a little more laid back.

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
2. Re: Holidays in Gettysburg

It's First Friday so many merchants in town will have specials. gettysburgretailmerchants.com/PDFs/firstfrid…

Check the events calendar for the weekend: www.gettysburg.travel/visitor/event.asp

It won't be packed in town compared to the summer, but weekends the restaurants are busier.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Holidays in Gettysburg

One of our favorite things to do is visit Frederick MD for first Saturday. Vibrant downtown area with many very good restaurants. It is a short distance down Rt15 from Gettysburg.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
4. Re: Holidays in Gettysburg

Even though Dec 1 was technically first Saturday, Frederick has events easy Saturday in Dec

5. Re: Holidays in Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013