We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg -2013

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cherry Hill, New...
reviews: 67
Gettysburg -2013

Not a question -but a heads-up if you plan to travel to Gettysburg in July or November of 2013. Due to the fact that 2013 is the 150th anniversery of the battle, MOST hotels in the area are raising their rate by 3Xs! I just recently stayed at the COMFORT Suites on Baltimore Pkie for $149/night. Next Nov. *(weekend of the 15th) the rooms will be $369!!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 41
1. Re: Gettysburg -2013

I think you'll find that this is true of the July dates and the Remembrance Day dates, but not for every weekend in 2013. A search for the first November weekend in 2013 (I was curious) showed that rates are reasonable. Even for Remembrance Day weekend, rates are still decent for other hotels (Hilton Garden Inn is showing at $194)

Along the same lines, however, I've been noticing that gas prices in the area tend to hover 10 to 20 cents more than Hanover, Dillsburg, and York...this probably won't change at all in the next year or so.

It will be an exciting year in the area! I hope that you enjoyed your visit this November.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 242
2. Re: Gettysburg -2013

…philly.com/2012-09-10/news/33714740_1_150th…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
3. Re: Gettysburg -2013

Most people, such as ourselves re-booked our rooms in Gettysburg for next year, this past July 4th week,(as well as remberance day week) as most motels/hotels give the people staying there first chance to book for the following year (which is only fair to protect their loyal guests who return year after year), due to that reason most motels/rooms were probably booked in an instant, thus leaving very few rooms locally for the general public to handle the larger than normal demand for rooms next year. At this point, I would book the nearest room available that is clean and acceptable (ie...York, Harrisburg,etc..) as they will probably be full before the winters end,if not sooner, this way you will not miss out on the 150th. Good Luck & See You There..

Williamston...
reviews: 78
4. Re: Gettysburg -2013

I guess some rooms have opened up. Today, I got a room on July 7th at the Hilton Garden Inn for $144. Not too many other choices, at least not reasonably priced ones. Maybe it was available because the really big crowds will be vacating that day after the reenactment. But it works out great for me. Plan to see the reenactment that day, then see the actual battlefield the next day.

Central PA
reviews: 53
5. Re: Gettysburg -2013

Yep, the big crowds will be leaving Sunday. They even offer a $126 rate as well on the 7th & 8th, for advance purchase, no refunds.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
6. Re: Gettysburg -2013

I agree with Mike T, most people will be checking out on Sunday, It will be much,much more quieter and relaxing in Gettysburg Sunday afternoon & Monday compared to the few days before!

Las Vegas
reviews: 35
7. Re: Gettysburg -2013

I live in Las Vegas and it sounds just like what our hotels do during a big convention week. Supply and demand.. I just tell friends not to come during those weeks.....

Central PA
reviews: 53
8. Re: Gettysburg -2013

People are coming specifically for the re-enactment, which is held only during those dates. I just spoke to several hotel managers that said they still had some rooms available during that weekend, so be sure to call directly to the hotel to inquire.

9. Re: Gettysburg -2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 27, 2014