We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something going on May 5 weekend?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, AZ
reviews: 4
Something going on May 5 weekend?

I'm looking for hotels in town with 2 beds May 3-5 and am finding many hotels booked. Is something going on that weekend?

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 36
1. Re: Something going on May 5 weekend?

Good question! It's not commencement or the bluegrass festival or any of the usual events, and the Gettysburg event calendar doesn't show much out of the ordinary except for the Apple Blossom Festival. ??? I'm curious...but May is the month of school group tours. A search for May 4-6 turns up more rooms, so it might be the Thursday night that's the problem.

I'd be interested to hear if there is something interesting happening!

Scottsdale, AZ
reviews: 4
2. Re: Something going on May 5 weekend?

Thanks for the reply. I did a Google search and couldn't find any events either. Maybe everyone booked was thinking the same as me, that it wouldn't be a busy time of year.

usa
reviews: 56
3. Re: Something going on May 5 weekend?

As Aster indicated, late April through all of May is the school group period, and a lot of hotels fill up. Especially weekdays. Maybe consider a B&B, school groups don't go to them.

BC, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Something going on May 5 weekend?

Starting Friday evening May 4 thru Sunday May 6, the Rites of Spring Festival (http://www.rosfest.com/) is taking place at the Majestic Theater. This will be the 9th year of fantastic progressive rock music from all over the globe. If you're in town this weekend I would recommend trying to catch a few concerts.

5. Re: Something going on May 5 weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, April 20, 2013