We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need suggestions for romantic place to stay

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elmira, NY
reviews: 7
need suggestions for romantic place to stay

My husband (big civil war buff) and I are going to Gettysburg (for the 5th time) for aour anniversary. I would like to find a romantic place to stay. Maybe one with a whirpool tub or fireplace. Any such thing in Gettysburg? Thanks

Pennsylvania
reviews: 8
1. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

Hi! I suggest the Altland House in Abbottstown, PA (not far from Gettysburg). It has a lovely dining room - one of my favorite places to eat! They have a bar/lounge, wine list and use lots of local foods.

I know the Inn has several rooms, but I have never stayed there. I have heard they are nice and I know that several have fireplaces and whirlpool tubs.

Have a Great anniversary.

Elmira, NY
reviews: 7
2. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

I'll check into it. Thanks Robin

Gettysburg PA
reviews: 20
3. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

Doubleday Inn is on the battlefield. Has a great view, relatively secluded, you can go for a walk along battlefield roads.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 21
4. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

The Slocum House Inn about 10 miles north of Gettysburg has private cottages with fireplaces. The grounds are private and absolutely gorgeous! We went there last fall, look it up on this site for more reviews. They also have their own web site.

I have found a small cottage type place called the Cricket House in town that has an an outside jacuzzi and an indoor whirlpool and steam room. Have not stayed there as yet but we are headed there in November ourselves.

Poconos
reviews: 37
5. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

Both the Herr Tavern & Publick House and the Gaslight Inn offer rooms with jacuzzi's & fireplaces. The Gaslight Inn is a traditional B&B - with owners living on the premises. The Herr is more of an inn, with the staff locking up and leaving at night, affording a bit more privacy. Both offer full breakfasts in the morning, and if your husband is into CW history, the Herr was the 1st Confederate hospital and faces the site of the 1st day's battles. Also, supposedly very haunted! I'm not sure of the history of the Gaslight, but I've heard it's nice.

Gettysburg, PA
reviews: 162
6. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

I have heard that the Gettys Hotel next door to the Blue Parrott is a nice roamntic option. I live here and am considering a night there to get away with no kids. Also the Wyndham is brand new and very nice.

Gettysburg, PA
reviews: 1
7. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

I would also suggest The Gaslight Inn, The Brafferton, The Gettys, Herr's Tavern and Publick House, and the Wyndham. These are all within 2 miles of downtown Gettysburg.

Poconos
reviews: 37
8. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

The James Gettys Hotel is my favorite in Gettysburg, but I didn't mention it because only one of their 12 suites has a whirlpool tub & (electric) fireplace. Also, that suite is about $250/night, and the Herr & Gaslight (with working fireplaces) are both around $200. It's a great place, though - I've stayed there many times and recommend it highly.

Gettysburg
reviews: 6
9. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

I would suggest the Brafferton Inn located right downtown.

They have a king size suite my wife and I have stayed in. King bed, sitting room with sofa, gas fireplace, two person jacuzzi tub, tv/dvd player, and a porch area. We had a great time rekindling our relationship. Breakfasts also are out of this world.

10. Re: need suggestions for romantic place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg