We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, please Tony

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dover, Massachusetts
reviews: 75
Help, please Tony

Can you tell me what station would be the closest to Citizen's Bank Park on the Septa? I was planning on staying at the airport, but may switch to downtown as I watch all of your posts about the transit system. I think it makes sense to travel in and out of the airportr once, instead of every time we have to go someplace.

Warrington, PA
reviews: 27
1. Re: Help, please Tony

The ball field is at the end of the orange subway line...the Pattison Ave. stop. You can transfer to the orange line (Broad St. line) at the Suburban Station stop for Septa commuter trains....so if you're staying at the airport: take the hotel shuttle to an airport terminal, take the R1 local train from the airport to Suburban Station (about 20-30 minutes) then look for signs for the Orange Broad St. subway line. I'd recommend staying downtown.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Help, please Tony

The last stop on the Broad Street Subway-its called Pattison Avenue--heading south-puts you about a 3 bock walk from the stadium entrances. There are usually lots of Phillies fans using the subway before and after a game-we live in the suburbs but park in Center City all the time and get on at Locust Street. There is usually both express subways and local subways before and after a game-express is about 3 stops and local is about 6-both stop at Pattison-the time difference isn't too much-15 minutes for the express from Locust, 20 for the local-So stay in Center City-you will have the whole Center City/Historic area at your hotel entrance or short walking distance. When you buy subway tokens, get round trip-you get a slight discount than if you buy one each way-also, the lines can be long to purchase tokens at Pattison station for trip to Center City-especially after an Eageles game. Have a great visit!!!!

Alexandria, VA
reviews: 56
3. Re: Help, please Tony

Thanks for the request but it looks like the first two posters have you covered very well. : )

Tony

Dover, Massachusetts
reviews: 75
4. Re: Help, please Tony

Thanks all. Now I just have to switch hotels. I appreciate your advice, and will let you know how it went. Can't wait to see your city.

Pete

5. Re: Help, please Tony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 12, 2009