We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel suggestions

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 7
Looking for hotel suggestions

Hi

Me and my hubby will be on holiday in USA for nearly 3 weeks and will be spending 3 nights (8th - 11th October) and don't want to spend more than around $400 total for 3 nights but would like a fairly centrally located hotel. Am currently considering the Crowne Plaza West - is this hotel any good or does anyone have any other suggestions? We won't have a car and will be flying on to Vegas after Philadelphia

Many thanks

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 5
1. Re: Looking for hotel suggestions

The Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West is not in a convenient location. You want to stay in Center City (downtown), and that hotel is on the edge of the city. Check out the FAQ on where to stay for a description of the different areas. The FAQs are on the right side of the page on the desktop version (not the mobile version) of TA.

Taking a quick look on Kayak, I see the Sonesta available for your dates for $108 per night plus tax, which adds 15.2%. That's a decent option at a very good rate in Center City. To find anything else within your budget, you will probably have to try Hotwire or Priceline for a blind deal, where you pay up front before knowing the hotel and you can't cancel. Check Better Bidding for info about using Hotwire and Priceline:

www.betterbidding.com

Philadelphia
reviews: 15
2. Re: Looking for hotel suggestions

Lauren1217 found you a great deal on Kayak for the Sonesta. I would strongly consider booking that hotel deal if it is still available. The same hotel is $229 on Priceline.

3. Re: Looking for hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 05, 2014