We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Philadelphia

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 24
One day in Philadelphia

We are travelling to Northeast Philadelphia for a wedding celebration and will have only one day free to spend sightseeing in the area. Any must see ideas? (Family with college-aged kids). (I understand we will be about an half hour away from Philadelphia proper)

Warrington, PA
reviews: 27
1. Re: One day in Philadelphia

You may want to focus on the historic district in Center City. Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Constitution Center, Betsy Ross's house, Elfreth's Alley and related sites are all within an easy few blocks walk of each other. You'll also be close to Old City, with its mix of eclectic galleries, shops, restaurants, and bars as well as Penn's Landing for some waterfront views.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 24
2. Re: One day in Philadelphia

thanks much! will research your suggestions.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 2
3. Re: One day in Philadelphia

If you plan to visit the historic area on a Saturday, get there EARLY in the morning. We arrived at Constitution Hall about 1:00 on a Saturday and there was a 2 hour wait to get in! I'm sure the visit would be worth it, but we didn't want to waste two hours in line. I believe you can order your tickets for visiting the historic sites online also. You may want to do that to expedite things somewhat.