We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in early March

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
reviews: 1
weather in early March

Hello, everybody:

My husband and I are planning to come to Philadelphia the first weekend of March -- however, it's just occurred to me that maybe I should be worried about the weather!

I see on weather.com that there could be snow showers on the Friday. What's it like there in early March? (Of course, it's too late to change the plans!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NJ
1. Re: weather in early March

Philadelphia weather is generally a few degrees warmer than NYC weather. So, since your moniker says that you're from NY, NY it wouldn't be that much different. There have been times when a snowstorm hits Philadelphia harder than NYC.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 27
2. Re: weather in early March

In a word, March is unpredictable. Sometimes it comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Other years it comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion. Just keep watching the forecast.

Sellersville, PA
reviews: 5
3. Re: weather in early March

Next week's extended weather forecast indicates that it will be a fairly cold week, with high's averaging about 10 degrees below normal in the high 20's. We usually don't get a great deal of snow, but when an occasional storm comes up the coast, we can get socked; usually doesn't hang around long this time of year. See www.wunderground.com for average temperatures anytime of year and any location!