We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pembroke Pines...
reviews: 2
30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

Traveling into this station from DC on Amtrak. We plan to take a SEPTA train to Lansdale. Is this train service in the same station, or close by? Just wondering how far we need to walk with our luggage. And I suppose we can just buy our SEPTA tickets when we arrive there?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 26
1. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

Yes, same station but different section.

Yes, you will be able to buy tickets there.

Lynn

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
reviews: 79
2. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

AMTRAK trains are underneath the main hall of the station. SEPTA trains are on an elevated platform. When you come up the escalator from the AMTRAK train, just ask where the SEPTA trains are. You will be pointed to the northeast corner of the station. There is a short ramp to walk up to the SEPTA section of the station. The SEPTA ticket booth is on the left side and down the hall after the ramp. I will apologize in advance for the rudeness of the SEPTA ticket sales people. If you only have a few minutes to spare for your Lansdale SEPTA train, you can also buy the tickets on board (cash only) for a small additional charge (about $1.00 ticket more). The Lansdale trains usually leave from SEPTA's track 1 or 2, but look at the electric signs (not the plastic ones) to verify. There is an escalator that goes up to each platform, as well as elevators for each platform (next to the steps on the opposite side from the escaltors- they are a bit hard to see).

Starkville...
3. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

How quickly can I get from the SEPTA area to the Amtrak part? My SEPTA arrival and my Amtrak departure are 18 minutes apart, is that enough time?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
reviews: 79
4. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

Depending on what track your train comes in on, and how long it takes you to figure out where SEPTA is, it may take up to 5 minutes. Now, your AMTRAK train could easily be more than 18 minutes late, but unless you are catching the last Lansdale train of the night, it's not a big deal. 30th Street Station is very nice. There are many places to eat and hang out. If you are pressed for time, you can buy your SEPTA tickets on the SEPTA train. There is a surcharge of about $1 or so per ticket, and you must pay with cash- no cards.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 64
5. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

I think you meant arriving on Septa? 18 mins may be cutting it close. Septa is known to have a few minutes of delays and Amtrak may board early... That said, if you miss the train they will usually let you use tickets on a later one at no charge if the same seats are avail.

6. Re: 30th Street Station (Amtrak/SEPTA)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 04, 2012