We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire Hotels

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 67
Hotwire Hotels

Looking to book a room for one night on 4/28. Seems as if a lot of hotels are sold out. Hotwire is showing a 3* in center city east for $89 and a 2.5* in center city east for $145. Anyone know what hotels these might be?

Thanks

Philadelphia...
reviews: 113
1. Re: Hotwire Hotels

I looked up your date on Hotwire. Looks like the 3* is either the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree. I've never seen that 2.5* come up before, but my best guess might be the Residence Inn by Marriott since it includes breakfast. I think you'd do fine with the 3* though for the cheaper price. I've stayed at both properties and both are solid choices in good locations. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Suzanne

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Hotwire Hotels

I did a little research into my past Hotwire purchases and I think the 3* may actually be the Doubletree and here's why: the Crowne Plaza usually comes up with the Laundry icon under amenities. It could be something new, though, like the Downtown Marriott or the Hilton Garden Inn. I just don't want to mislead you. I can tell you, for sure that it is not the Club Quarters (no pool there), or the Latham (no pool). Sorry that I can't be more definitive.

Suzanne

New Jersey
reviews: 67
3. Re: Hotwire Hotels

Hi Suzanne...Booked the 3 star on hotwire. Turned out to be the Hilton Garden Inn. Perfect for what we are planning to do while there. Thanks so much for your help.

Dana

Philadelphia...
4. Re: Hotwire Hotels

That's a good hotel. You will be happy there - very central location, right next to Reading Terminal Market. That's the first time I've ever seen the HGI on Hotwire, so good to know. I've gotten it 3x prior on Priceline for incredible rates.

I just stayed there for 3 days last week - you can read my review which was just posted on tripadvisor under the hotel - I think I called it an "updated review of the Hilton Garden Inn" or something like that. Just watch that parking lot next door to the hotel - the elevator has been broken and it was a big old pain with my three young kids and lots of bags (although I'm guessing you won't have that same issue!)

Have a great time in Philly.

Suzanne

5. Re: Hotwire Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 27, 2009