We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Mammoth Lakes via Camarillo or Huntington or ?.

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maroochydore
reviews: 3
LAX to Mammoth Lakes via Camarillo or Huntington or ?.

Hello TA

We are a family of 6 arriving from Australia, renting a car and heading towards Mammoth for some spring skiing. We want to spend a couple of nights somewhere to regroup and stock up on supplies. We will have a car. I am not sure if we should go straight from LAX to Camarillo ( I understand the shopping is good but what else to do for a couple of days? Huntington Beach looks like a great spot to chill for a couple of days but how is the shopping? Cabazon? Looking to purchase quality ski clothes, snowboards and all the usual bargains that the travelling Aussies love about the US

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
1. Re: LAX to Mammoth Lakes via Camarillo or Huntington or ?.

As I noted in your other thread, neither is convenient. You'll find sales on ski gear in mammoth and bishop.

You will have to rent a 4WD as you cannot put chains on a rental and mammoth can have heavy spring storms

2. Re: LAX to Mammoth Lakes via Camarillo or Huntington or ?.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 18, 2014