We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newtown, Connecticut
reviews: 7
Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

Hi! Looking for advice for a 3 day stay at Mammoth for end of Feb 2014. Two couples, no kids Just looking for something reasonably clean ad comfortable, within walking distance to a ski lift? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

Sunstone is ski in ski out. Juniper Springs is right next to Eagle Express. Also across the street from Eagle Express is Summit. I have stayed at all of these and they are all great. Also stayed within close walking distance, Mammoth Green which are great as well.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 24
2. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

Mammoth is not really set up for what you're thinking of as ski in/out, especially not on a budget. Look into Alpenhof and Austria Hof which are lower rates but not condos and both are good properties. One is across from the gondola, the other at the base of Canyon parking lot.

Mammoth mountain Inn is ski in/out but then you're far from town- a bad idea in February if it's blizzarding. The above mentioned properties are at the base of Eagle and pricey.

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

And the shuttles are very convenient. I have never felt the need to be right at the base of the lift. In fact, I prefer to stay in town so I am walking distance to restaurants and shops. We usually rent from vrbo if we are going with a group - one with a private hot tub is our usual criteria. If it is just my husband and I, we go to various hotels. Shiloh Inn has been a recent favorite. I have also found studios on vrbo that is just as comparable in price for the 2 of us than a motel room.

Edited: 3:14 pm, July 19, 2013
Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

But... if you were interested in as close to ski in/out experience, the condos around Canyon Lodge would be where I would look because it has good lift access to all over the mountain. I usually plan to go too late to get anything with a good rate. But I do have friends who like to stay there or own there. Try vrbo like this:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…canyon-lodge One of my friend really likes the 1849 condos http://www.1849condos.com/

California
reviews: 12
5. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

Sorry but Summit is not pricey. Pricey is a subjective term, since everyone has a different definition. You can get deals on Sunstone thru vrbo.

Edited: 4:12 pm, July 19, 2013
6. Re: Ski in ski out hotel or condo recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 21, 2014