We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

Which Mammoth Lakes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 58
Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

Mammoth condos are too expensive and require too many minimum nights. I got quoted $1800 to $2000 for 4 nights.

I'm hoping to do 3 night and 4 day trip between Christmas and New Year. (I know already too much...) Is it too much of driving from Bishop while staying in manageable $100/night motel? Am I even allowed to park at Mammoth or do I have to take shuttle bust? Thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 342
1. Re: Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

Yes.

Menifee, California
reviews: 32
2. Re: Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

The problem that immediately comes to mind is that Sherwin Grade may be closed because of weather conditions. Do you have snow chains for your car?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
reviews: 21
3. Re: Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

Don't stay in Bishop when you want to ski Mammoth. The roads could close, and also it's just a hassle. Did you look at visitmammoth.com for lodging? I have seen many places for a couple hundred a night that week.

reviews: 14
4. Re: Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

Check out June Lake Village. With June Mt. closed this season, there are good deals and there is supposed to be a daily shuttle to Mammoth. June is beautiful and laid-back compared to Mammoth over the holidays. Don't miss the Tiger Bar!

5. Re: Is staying in Bishop for skiing in Mammoth too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 16, 2013