We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

Which Bradenton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

Does anyone have any info on this?

It was slated to open February 08...

Has anyone taken the "sneak peek" tour?

Just curious. Here is the info from mymanatee.org:

"Robinson Preserve is located in northwestern Bradenton, in the Palma Sola area, across the street from the Palma Sola Botanical Gardens.

This 487-acre preserve is slated to undergo an incredible transformation from disturbed farmland to coastal and wetland habitats."

commerce township mi
1. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

I did the sneak peek tour when I was there in January. They have done an amazing job of creating a wetlands that is thriving with plants and animals. The structures (bridges, tower) are amazing

and well constructed. The views are amazing from Anna Maria Island to the skyway bridge. I was incredibly impressed with the people working on this project. We always stopped when I was a child to get fresh strawberries at a farm stand right on Manatee just about where I believe the preserve is now. I hate to see things change but I have to say this is something the community and all of us should be proud of.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
2. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

Thank you so much for the great info! We will definately check it out this spring.

Florida
reviews: 5
3. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

We've been on the property and it is very nice. While we were not happy to see everything cleared on the waterfront portion, it is nice. Check it out when you are here!

Florida
4. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

Hi! I know I am answering this quite a few months late - but I thought this info would be helpful for others that find this post.

The official opening was held Jul 19, 2008. You can read more about it in this newspaper article...

http://www.islander.org/7-23-08/robinson.php

I haven't made it out there yet, been waiting for it to cool down!

:)

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island
5. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

I saw this article in the islander and will definetly check it out next year!

Looks great and if it is half as good as the other poster said it will be a great day!

just another option to make a fun-day!

Florida
6. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

I live here and this is a good place to run, walk, bike, kayak. Yes, they cleared WAY too much in terms of native landscaping, but it is a nice place. Boardwalks are nice and in cool weather it will be packed with us locals on the running trails! Bring repellant - the mosquitos are wicked. They still have alot of work to do, but at least it is now open to the public. Over 7 miles of trails total.

Bradenton, Florida
Destination Expert
for Bradenton, Anna Maria Island
reviews: 29
7. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

Finally got out there to check it out today. Very nice facility. Yes, it's been cleared out a lot, but there are some mangroves planted, and other natural plants, so eventually it will be more covered. Very good paths to walk on, a neat tower that gives a great view, dog friendly (on leash), and I want to take my bike out there sometime, too. With all the water around I would suggest some Off. Especially in the early morning and at dusk. Open from 8 AM until sunset. Plenty of parking. A few port a potties. There is a place to launch canoes and kayaks, but did not see a place to rent them, so would have to bring from elsewhere. To get there, take 75th Street West north, turn left on 17th Ave. NW. You will run into it.

8. Re: Info on Robinson Preserve opening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 29, 2009