We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Ventura!! :)

Which Ventura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 7
First time to Ventura!! :)

I am so excited, we just bought our plane tickets to Ventura tonight. Now I have to pick a hotel. We have family that lives there and were looking between staying in the Downtown of Ventura, or in the Seaward area. We are looking at (going by the internet) Comfort Inn in the seaward area, or Country Inn downtown Ventura. Any input on either would be greatly appreciated :)

Los Angeles...
reviews: 66
1. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

Downtown Ventura is very nice - quaint with a lot of little shops, etc. Having said that, I've always stayed out by the harbor. Specifically at the Four Points Sheraton. The harbor is a lovely area.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60769-d77896-R…

canada
2. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

Thanks so much for replying! I ended up booking at the best western in downtown :) I can't wait to get there. I already know my trip isn't going to be long enough. ;)

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

Welcome to Ventura County.

I hope you didn't buy tickets to Ventura...there is no airport there. You will be slightly closer to Santa Barbara than from Burbank and LAX. Not sure where you are flying in from (Canada ?) but are you planning on your family to pick you up or a shuttle?

Dr. Z

canada
4. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

Hi! :) We are flying in to LAX and rented a car. I didn't think of it until after I bought my plane tickets, but there were other airports I could of flown into. ( Palm Springs, San Diego and San Fran) Just so I know next time, which one would of been the best to fly into? We do have family in Ventura - but I didn't want to bother them with coming and picking us up, so we rented a car. I can't wait until we get there! I have 59 days still, but I am super excited :)

California
reviews: 60
5. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

Santa Barbara is the closest airport, with LAX and Burbank around the same distance the other direction. Downtown is the best choice for lodging, if you just want to walk around, with more to see and do than the harbor. You can walk to surfers point in about 5 minutes from your hotel. I agree with the Doctor that Sheraton at the Harbor is a very nice hotel for Ventura.

6. Re: First time to Ventura!! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, July 07, 2014