We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from St Louis

Which Little Rock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 20
Flights from St Louis

I'm not sure which is the best forum for this question so will post on several, including the Air Travel one.

Need to fly from St Louis to Little Rock Thursday 27th Feb '14. I've checked SW, Delta and United so far and none of them do a direct flight, all are around the $100 mark but of course Delta charge $25 per bag and SW is free, not sure about United. I've also looked at Amtrak but that's more $$ and takes 7 hrs.

Does anyone know what the best option is, are there any airlines that fly nonstop between these cities? I really don't want to spend all day getting there, ith layovers and changing planes if there's another better option.

9 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 225
1. Re: Flights from St Louis

I was shocked to find there are no longer direct flights between STL and LIT, but definitely choose Southwest and change in Dallas. Love Field is tiny and easy and it won't even seem like a flight change. The fare is only 100 bucks and no luggage charge. Plus SW attendants are usually nice and sometimes funny. Def SW. Little Rock airport is easy and the flights should go fine. no worries.

Australia
2. Re: Flights from St Louis

Yeah we love SW and usually travel with them when possible. Just have never done a stopover/plane change on any of our US domestic trips so not too sure about how much of a hassle it would be. Thanks jimjade, will probably end up going SW.

Is $100 a good price for that trip, do you know? Wondering if I should just book now and be done with it or wait in the hopes it may come down a bit........ mmmmmm I know $100 is cheap but we'll save any $$ we can when on a big overseas trip!!

My other thought was hiring a car and driving down but haven't really looked into pricing that.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 89
3. Re: Flights from St Louis

Driving it will take around 6.5 hours; we do it all the time. Take route 67S just south of St Louis (I-55 is a longer trip).

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
4. Re: Flights from St Louis

If you drive I-55 (a little longer but I'm an interstate guy and it's my pers favorite route) Lambert's, just before the Arkansas line, is a fun old institution for a hearty lunch, and home of the "throwed roll." They actually throw these huge fluffy rolls at you from the kitchen. It's not gourmet dining but its much fun and decent cooking. www.throwedrolls.com. Actually now that I have said that, if you drive, hit this forum just before you leave to check on traffic and repairs on the interstate route (55/I40)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 89
5. Re: Flights from St Louis

jimjade, much better flea markets on route 67 :-)

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
6. Re: Flights from St Louis

yeah 67 drivers really love that route. I just never warmed up to it. Once I get off the interstate in Arkansas I draw speed traps like flies!

Boonville
reviews: 2
7. Re: Flights from St Louis

It really is a bummer that SW has discontinued direct flights from St. Louis. They still had direct flights in May, but they were down to just one non-stop flight each way per day. Changing planes in Chicago Midway is not bad. It's just tiring to have to change planes when you are just going between St. Louis and Little Rock.

Australia
8. Re: Flights from St Louis

I think I've decided to go with SW and the plane change. The flight STL to MDW gets in at 9.55am and the MDW to LIT leaves at 10.30am, seems a pretty tight turnaround. Seems like we'll just get off one plane and walk straight onto the other so at least no hanging around the airport for hours.

It's sitting at $100 at the moment so I guess that's a pretty good price.

Thanks again everyone for all your replies.

AR
reviews: 6
9. Re: Flights from St Louis

With SW, if the fare goes lower, you can change your ticket online to the lower priced one. However, $100 is a fair price for now. SW generally has a sale toward the end of the year...it wouldn't be a great deal off on $100 ticket though and you might not get the travel dates you want.

Reply to: Flights from St Louis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted