We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festival in October

Which Thurmont hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore MD
1 post
Festival in October

I have heard much about the festival that starts this coming Friday, Oct 8 - Oct 10. I cannot find any information on the internet. Want to attend, can you please fill me in. Thank you so much.

Keedysville, MD
4 posts
1. Re: Festival in October

That would be Colorfest, and it is a HUGE event held every year and really worth experiencing. If you park at the high school you can catch a shuttle/school bus. Wear good walking shoes and plan for traffic. Hope you can make it this year.

Old Bridge, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Festival in October

I have attended one Colorfest in 2006 and will be attending again this upcoming weekend.

It is simply amazing, and most of the vendors are very reasonably priced.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Festival in October

It's called Catoctin Colorfest and the dates are Oct. 13 and 14. www.colorfest.org. It's a huge craft show that they shut down all the roads in the town for. Get there early and plan for A LOT of walking. You will probably not be able to park too close regardless, but the later you wait, the further away you will have to park. See you there!

4. Re: Festival in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Thurmont