We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozy's and Camp David Museum

Which Thurmont hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
Cozy's and Camp David Museum

On the recommendation of a friend, I stopped at Cozy's for lunch during my drive to the Harrisburg, PA area. The exterior is a mix of cute and quirky. The buffet is huge, with lots of good choices, but I didn't need to eat that much, so I ordered the southwestern chicken wrap from the menu. The kitchen didn't leave off the shredded cheese as requested, but the wrap was very good and I kind of ate around the cheese. The freshly-made chips were good, and I really liked the pickle slices. The service was quick and cheerful; my waiter has worked there for years.

Following lunch, I looked around the little museum. It's mostly photographs and newspaper clippings, but the information was interesting. There was a small gift shop; I bought a Camp David keychain to add to my keychain collection. Kind of fun in a cheesy way.

I'd say the whole thing is a tourist trap, except the restaurant was very good and prices weren't exorbitant. I was glad I'd stopped!

2 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 10
1. Re: Cozy's and Camp David Museum

The Cozy is an odd place. Some of the clients I deal with have conferences there. That goes to show you that our clients can be a little odd, too!

Washington DC...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Cozy's and Camp David Museum

We stop at Cozy coming home from skiing at Liberty. Place has been there forever-plenty of long-time waitstaff. Good comfort food. Nothing fancy, and great history. A lot of important people have set foot in that place.

Reply to: Cozy's and Camp David Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Thurmont