We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crab cakes

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
reviews: 1
crab cakes

can any of you locals recommend a really good crab cake in the city? thanks

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 4
1. Re: crab cakes

My family is from Maryland and they always hate the crab cakes here. Sorry, but that's the truth. But there's other great fish here, for sure!

NC
2. Re: crab cakes

darn

NYC
3. Re: crab cakes

Sad but true.

New Jersey
reviews: 3
4. Re: crab cakes

City Crab on Park Ave So at 19th Street is my first choice

Salmon River - E 40 Street is a bit more expensive but excellent

I even like H**TERS Crab cakes, very good and cheap

Granted, it isn't what you Find in Chesapeake or DELMARVA but better than nothing (I LUV CRAB) i AM a crab! LOL!!

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 4
5. Re: crab cakes

If you don't mind my asking, why would you come from North Carolina to NYC for crab cakes? We have *great* food here, but New York is out of its element when it comes to crab cakes and BBQ.

New Jersey
6. Re: crab cakes

Dallas BBQ on University place in the Village = SIMPLY THE BEST BBQ FOOD ON THE PLANET!

hi-pockets is ASKING FOR RECOMMENDATINS - NOT places to avoid,

I will repeat, CITY CRAB is excellent, anyone from anywhere will enjoy the food there! Salmon River too, but its not cheap~

NC
7. Re: crab cakes

to answer your question, ignyc, i think i was hungry while planning this trip earlier in the day and for some reason crab cakes came across my mind!!!! i am making a list of restaurants to visit while i'm there for particular kinds of food. for example - if i decide i want italian, i will have those recommended italian restaurants in my itinerary - if its pizza i want on a particular day, i will have that list of pizza places, etc. if i happen to have a craving for a crab cake, however... well i probably wont eat one!

NC
8. Re: crab cakes

wow i just reviewed city crab on menupages. what a mix of good and bad!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 135
9. Re: crab cakes

If you do decide to have Italian food or pizza in NYC, there are many great places, as you well know. When we go to NYC, Italian food and pizza are must-eats for us since it's impossible to find any decent here in VA.

New Jersey
10. Re: crab cakes

hi pock - having spent every summer from age 7 to 14 on the DELMARVA peninsula and eating maybe a thousand times at the legendary Phillips Crab House. I feel qualified to comment on crab meat, crab legs, crab cakes and crap soup

if i want to eat some crab (and as stated before I LUVE CRAB) the first place that i would head for would be CITY CRAB!!

certainly not close to what y'all git down in Dixie, but it has a huge selection of different types, cooked in different ways and the crab cakes are very good

Now other rules apply, for instance, you never go there on a Sunday or a Monday (or any fish restaurant for that matter)

I think we ALL know that, best probably Tues thru Saturday and I am sure you know why