We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crestline...
How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

Is it better to fly into La Guardia or is there a way to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th?

5 replies to this topic
Scotland, UK
reviews: 134
1. Re: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

If you are coming soon there are roadworks and train track renovations at Newark so La Guardia is probably better but there are still options from Newark - bus or bus/train or car service. Take a taxi or bus/train from la Guardia .

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
2. Re: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

When are you planning to visit? As you've heard, the train service from Newark is partially disrupted until July 15th. Traveling from Newark before then will be doable but more complicated, so LaGuardia is a better choice. If you're traveling after mid-July then either airport would be fine, just choose the best flight times and/or lowest fares.

Either will be an easy trip to the hotel by public transportation, although Newark will be more complicated right now.. If you prefer to take a taxi, then LaGuardia, which is inside New York City, will be the better choice.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 100
3. Re: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

If you're arriving before July 15th, I'd aim to avoid Newark Airport.

AirTrain Newark was taken offline as an emergency thing. Apparently they realized the thing could collapse at any moment and they urgently took the thing completely out of service on short notice and at a very suboptimal time.

I really like LaGuardia and JFK Airports - sure the terminals look like some depressing throwback to the 1950's but they're very easy to get into Manhattan from and very easy to reach from Manhattan. Yes - aesthetically they're pretty horrid but they're easy and convenient and that's what I like. Newark's Terminal C is a masterpiece - yes - but it is a pain in the butt to get to / from Manhattan. This is all my opinion (but I do fly almost almost every week)

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
4. Re: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

I think the new Delta terminal at LaGuardia is pretty spiffy, at least inside.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 55
5. Re: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th

We just flew into/out of LGA and stayed at that HGI.

It was very easy to get a metro card at LGA, take the Q70 express bus to Roosevelt/75th, then the E train to about a block from the hotel.

Reply to: How to get from Newark Airport to Hilton Garden Inn on 54th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted