We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
reviews: 46
newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

Hi,

I'll arrive into Newark terminal B on an international flight with continental. Then taking a domestic flight (also continental) to new orleans from terminal c. My baggage is checked through so no worries on that front but I have a tight connection time and the website says the air train is suspended for repair work, replaced with a bus service and to expect delays.

Any ideas for the quickest possible way from B to C? Is it walkable or is the bus the only realistic way to connect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies to this topic
Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
1. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

You should repost on the Newark NJ forum. I don't think B to C is walkable. If you head over to the Newark NJ forum you will find tons of info on changing terminals

Northern Ireland
2. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

Ah, okay thanks for that. Will do.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 96
3. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

You'll need to allow extra time.

AirTrain Newark is suspended - it was an emergency shutdown and they are not particularly well prepared for it.

Continental Airlines doesn't exist any longer - it is now United Airlines. I do not know if United Airlines is running a shuttle between B and C. I know they run a shuttle between A and C so maybe they've found a way to run a shuttle between A, B, and C, I don't know.

If you have to deal with the Port Authority special emergency bus, allow plenty of time to get between B and C.

White Plains, New...
reviews: 67
4. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

It is walkable if you don't have a lot of luggage and you will have to cross several traffic intersections. Otherwise, there is a temporary bus service between all terminals while the air train is under repair.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
5. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

Where are you flying from? If it's Shannon or Dublin you should clear US Customs and Immigration there. In that case, with a through ticket, your bags will be checked through to your final destination.

If, however, you need to clear US Customs and Immigration in Newark, you'll need to claim your bags, and go through Customs and Immigration on arrival. After you complete the process there should be a place for you to drop you bags for re-checking and then proceed to the other terminal. Obviously, this takes more time than if you're arriving from Ireland as a "domestic" passenger.

Northern Ireland
6. Re: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?

I'm flying from belfast with no pre-clearance so I have to clear immigration in newark.

Reply to: newark airport - quickest way from terminal b to terminal c?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted