My son and I are arriving at JFK on May 4th in the morning. We are staying for 2 nights and flying out from JFK at 6:30am on the 6th. We have tickets for the Yankees on Sunday and tickets for The Tonight show on the Monday May 5th. I am thinking we have three options regarding hotels:
1. Stay near the airport and take the train back and forth into Manhattan.
2. Stay in Manhattan for both nights and get up very early in order to make our May 6th 6:30am flight.
3. Stay in Manhattan for Sunday May 4th, check out of hotel and see if we can leave luggage at hotel till later that night. Pick luggage up and head out to hotel near JFK the night of May 5th.
My questions are:
1. Which is our best hotel solution, or can you suggest something different?
2. Need a recommendation for a decent, not too expensive hotel for two. Two beds would be nice but if costs are too high we could handle one bed.
3. If we were to decide to go with a hotel in Manhattan and by JFK, will we be able to store our luggage somewhere for the day?
4. If we stay in Manhattan both nights, how difficult is it to get to JFK. Need to be at JKF no later than 5:30am (flight is 6:30am, domestic).
I am open to any and all suggestions.
Thanking everyone in advance for your help,