We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montevideo, Uruguay
Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Hello, I am planning to visit Manhattan next July and trying to figure out the best way of getting my tickets. If I buy them online from my Country, I must chose the day and time and then print the tickets. But of course for a visit of 14 days I cannot be completely sure which day would be the day I would want to go for example to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.

So, the best ways seems to buy the tickets once there and before the visit? And how would I print the tickets there? Some Ciber Coffee?

I mean, I want tickets that can save me the lines, how is the best way to get those?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

You need to book Statue of Liberty tickets as soon as possible, because those sell out. The Empire State Building tickets are not for a specific day, as far as I remember. Everything else you don't really have to worry about lines. What else are you planning to visit?

Montevideo, Uruguay
2. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

I'll be there 14 days and I'll be visiting all places that I can. I know the Federal Reserve doesn't allow children so there I will not go but I will to the Top of the Rock Building, the Museums (MET, MoMA, American Museum of Natural History, Guggenheim), Bikes at the Park, Broadway (The Theater), Circle line Sightseeing Cruise.

You are right the Empire doesn't require a specific date, but the Top of the Rock does.

Thanks for your help!

Brad.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
3. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Top of the Rock doesnt really require buying in advance. For theater, only top shows like Lion King and Wicked and Book of Mormon need to be purchased in advance. There are discounts to a lot of shows if you wait a bit. You can print off the discounts from a site like

Broadwaybox.com

(Make sure you use only the discounts there) and bring them to the box office(s) when you get here thereby saving some extra fees.

Edited: 3:50 am, March 07, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
4. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Next July as in 2015?

Stoney Creek...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

If you're going to be there for 14 days and are planning on hitting the museums and the Circle Line Cruise - you might consider the New York City Pass. It gives you 6 attractions for 9 days. We found it did save us money and I do believe it saved us time in lines. We were there in December and we did not have a single line at any of the places we went to exchange the pass for tickets. I'm not entirely sure about the ESB, but it seemed TOTR had timed tickets and we could exchange our passes for whatever time we wantd.

Montevideo, Uruguay
6. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Thank you for your help :)

Worcester...
reviews: 9
7. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

I recently went on the TOTR website to check out the prices of the tickets and it gave the option to choose between timed & dated or non-timed & non-dated tickets. I've heard of people planning hotel/airfare (especially international trips) well in advance, but I don't think you necessarily need to purchase attraction tickets over a year in advance...I'm headed to NY July 2014 & I just purchased my SOL & Ellis Island (w/ crown access) tickets this month...

Montevideo, Uruguay
8. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Jana, I will be there in July 2014 too :)

Montevideo, Uruguay
9. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

no, sorry Ter, it will be 2014...

Edited: 8:51 am, March 09, 2014
Worcester...
reviews: 9
10. Re: Buying online tickets for NY attractions

Brad - Cool, that makes a bit more sense - I'll be there July 1-7th...how about you?