We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day one itinerary

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 1
Day one itinerary

Hi,

Planning a five day trip to NYC and I'd like to know if this is doable on the day we arrive. We arrive at 10:00 am to LGA, staying at Hilton Garden Inn Central Park South.

Taxi to hotel

Subway to Brooklyn Bridge, walk from the Brooklyn side to Manhattan

1:00 Ferry tickets to Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island - we will probably just stay on the ferry for Liberty Island and spend some time on Ellis Island

9/11 Memorial

Dinner in Hell's Kitchen

8:00 Ranger's game

Hubby would love to eat lunch at Katz's deli, but not sure how/when to work that in.

Any thoughts? Should we save 9/11 for another day? If not Katz's deli any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 12
1. Re: Day one itinerary

Are any of your other days planned to be around the LES or Chinatown etc? You could work Katz's into that day possibly. I don't think it would work on your arrival day, its pretty full as is. I'm not even sure you will be able to arrive at 10.00am at LGA and then be at your hotel, checked in, over to Brooklyn and walk back before 1.00pm for the SOL ferry.

What time is your Memorial ticket for? Maybe you could go to Brooklyn and walk back to Manhattan after this instead of before the SOL.

Rockville, Maryland
reviews: 13
2. Re: Day one itinerary

The best I can say is to respectfully encourage you to begin by first getting a good street and subway map. It might also help to consider what you want to do on a priority basis during your entire visit, and how to best organize it.

Edited: 10:20 pm, January 29, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
3. Re: Day one itinerary

** I'm not even sure you will be able to arrive at 10.00am at LGA and then be at your hotel, checked in, over to Brooklyn and walk back before 1.00pm for the SOL ferry.**

^^

+1

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 14
4. Re: Day one itinerary

Even planning on being at the SOL ferry at 1:00 would be pushing it, let alone doing Brooklyn first.

Consider having an early dinner at Katz's and saving Hell's Kitchen for another day.

5. Re: Day one itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, February 01, 2015