We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

I am looking to stay in a hotel that is close (within walking distance or 2/3 mile shuttle or taxi ride) to the Metro North Harlem line and is also close to Croton Falls. As our vacation will be for a week we would prefer a hotel with a gym/swimming pool. Any suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
Queens, NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

Croton Falls is 47 miles north of New York City. It's a long commute from the city, and frankly there isn't much to do up there.

The Metro-North line runs from Grand Central, so a hotel near Grand Central Station would be best if you want to stay in the city itself. Closer up to Croton Falls, the nearest cluster of hotels you can get to without a car would be hotels in downtown White Plains, which is a large suburban city on the Metro-North line about halfway up. You're more likely to find an affordable hotel with a train station shuttle and swimming pool in White Plains - hotels with pools are rare in Manhattan - but, of course, you won't be in Manhattan.

Astoria, New York
2. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

If you mean a hotel in Manhattan, anything reasonably close to Grand Central will do.

If you mean a hotel near Croton Falls, it doesn't look like there is much nearby. http://goo.gl/maps/op2U0

Why Croton Falls?

Could you perhaps be thinking of Croton on Hudson? tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g47560-Croton_on_Hud…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

It sounds like you have friends/family in Croton Falls and would like to be near them but also be able to go into Manhattan easily. There are very few hotels within walking distance of a train station in Westchester in general and hotels don't typically have shuttles to take you anywhere up there. The only area I know of with some hotels near the train is, as Kaye says, in White Plains. The Crowne Plaza White Plains seems to be the closest and you'd also be in walking distance of some restaurants, but the hotel doesn't get great reviews. Normally I say try to get hotels with at least 80% thumbs up ratings and this one doesn't even make 70%

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48883-d93867-R…

The Hyatt White Plains looks like a much better option but is not near the train or much of anything else it seems. Bottom line, people in Westchester County DRIVE and you will be at a disadvantage without a car. And staying in White Plains puts you at least an hour by train from Croton Falls despite the fact that it's only about 30 mins. by car. Bottom line, I think your idea is a good one but in practice, I'm not seeing any options that make it practical.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
4. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

Hey Maeve M:-) Metro North Harlem line makes one stop in Manhattan after Grand Central where it originates.. the stop is at 125th Street on Park Avenue.. you may want to check the new Aloft Hotel in area.. about 5 long Avenue blocks to get there but close enough and less than 2/3 of a mile.. maybe half a mile.. if that's what you are indeed looking for;-) Best.. and EnJOy!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
5. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

It's closer to a mile from the Aloft to the 125th Street Metro North station. You can take the M-60 bus on 125th Street, but that's a very congested street and the bus can be slow.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
6. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

No way is it a mile.. the longest blocks are from hotel to 5th Ave passing 7th Ave and Lenox., after that only Madison and Park .. even 3/4 mile would be a stretch;-) Nonetheless, the M60 is right there as well but oftentimes.. depending on time of day/traffic.. you can walk it faster;-) Keep enjoyin'!

Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me. I am going to check out your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Reply to: Hotels close to Metro North Harlem Line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted