We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOTR suns and stars pass

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
TOTR suns and stars pass

Hi everyone,i booked my

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
1. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

oops !!! EDIT time ran out, my question was to those who have experienced the TOTR sun and stars pass,my day visit is timed for sunday may 18th at 9am, but it doesnt state the return time for the night portion,i also cant find details on there site either,the reason im curious is i arrive in NYC on friday 16th may and have tickets to the yankees game at 7-05pm, id love to use the night portion of my TOTR pass after the game ,which would make the perfect end to my first day back in NYC for quiete a few years, the pass probably isnt that flexible and i guess i will be forced to use it on the same day, any advice muchly appreciated cheers john

Mount Isa, Australia
reviews: 144
2. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

topoftherocknyc.com/special-offers/…

It says that the second pass must be used within 24 hours.

Just be aware that at night Central Park is blacked out and you won't be able to see it: hence why people recommend TOTR during the day and at Sunset and the ESB at night.

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

Oh damn thanks for that info cheers

Mount Isa, Australia
4. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

The sunset for May last year was just after 8pm so because of the Yankees game you will miss it and the sunrise.

Given that its so far advance maybe you can contact them and see if you can swap the the date

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

i guess its not overly important to go the same night as the game,probably will do the ESB anyhow, i intended to but most people on here advised TOTR as a better view and it does look to be,wasnt sure about paying $67 for ESB which is what you pay if you dont want to wait in queue , i have done it before but my mate wants to do it so i guess we may do that on the night of the game ;-) problem solved , and thanks for that great info ktsnowow

Mount Isa, Australia
6. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

No worries.

TOTR is recommended as the better view but you need to be there during the day or at dusk. Your morning ticket won't be an issue, you'll have a great 360 degree view.

Don't think you won't still get to see a good night view, it will just be that Central Park will be dark. It's just a case of bad timing that the Yankees game is on the same night.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

i will still have a great first day either way,again muchly appreciated mate cheers john b

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

kstnowow, just checked out the ESB site, if i did go late on the friday night ( maybe midnightish ) im assuming crowds wouldnt be a problem,i can pay $67 for an express pass, but im thinking if i just pay the normal price to see the 86th and 102nd floors thats all i would need to do, ? or should i take no chances and still pay the $67 express pass, i guess what im saying is the ESB crowded at night ?

Mount Isa, Australia
9. Re: TOTR suns and stars pass

I haven't been up the top of the ESB but from everything I have read on the forum and from what friends have told me, I would not buy a ticket for any time after 8pm (unless its Valentine's Day or 4th of July or a day like that).

Others who have been up may have a difference of opinion though.

Reply to: TOTR suns and stars pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted