We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Georgia
reviews: 17
How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

I sent them the following: Their reply was that they would make no accommodation or refund our money.

My wife has wanted to tour the city lights for more than a decade now, we used our trip to VT over thanksgiving as an excuse and she booked the city lights tour with you, so we could finally make her dream come true - she chose you to trust with her dream and you failed her. We had only last night to do it, I'm writing this as she packs her bags literally in tears over not having been able to see what we spent over $1000 to see (much over if you include food, lodging, and airfare for the alternate route - not to mention your ticket price).

Your voucher had clear instructions to "Present this voucher to Tour Guide at 53rd St. side entrance of the Sheraton New York Hotel, off 7th Ave., 15 min prior to start of Tour." We were excited to do this tour, so we left the unlit tree, fought against pedestrian traffic the whole way, and got there over an hour early. We even bought the world's most expensive sliver of chocolate cake there to pass a little time. Neither your guide, nor his bus ever showed.

Here's what you sent us to confirm our Dec 4th tour: I have also attached a copy of our voucher to this email for your convenience. While we were at the Sheraton, I took several pictures that were GPS tagged and timestamped to document that you did not arrive to fulfill your commitment to my wife's dream. In addition, both the hotel help desk and concierge will remember us. The concierge was good enough to direct us to the grey line, which did not do the city lights tour last night due to the traffic - but at least gave us SOMETHING to do. That little excursion cost us nearly $200 by itself, and didn't go near anything we came to see.

Clearly you've screwed up here. The concierge at the Sheraton told us of 2 other couples that had similar difficulties. Unfortunately, you screwed with my wife's dream. The woman's a true saint, and is stoic as hell - AND YOU MADE HER CRY. I am not asking for a refund here, you need to do more than that. You need to make this right.

I eagerly await your response.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

I don't know about reporting, but you could start by NAMING the company with whom you booked HERE. You could also write a review for that company both here and on Yelp.com You can also report them to the Better Business Bureau. But I really don't understand why you wouldn't name names HERE.

Astoria, New York
2. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

I am assuming this happened in NYC, so you might try contacting the city Department of Consumer Affairs to find out how to make a formal complaint. www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/home/home.shtml

Also file a dispute with your credit card company.

Cleveland, Georgia
3. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

Thank you - filed with cc co already. Will go to the link you gave me. I'd love to see to it this company doesn't get to ruin anyone else's vacation or sully the reputation of NYC as a good tourism destination - any and all suggestions on where to post, whom to contact to insure this are appreciated.

Melbourne
reviews: 7
4. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

Again, naming HERE will help to stop them ruining other holidays.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 100
5. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

Until anybody knows the name of the company, this isn't going anywhere.

Yalesville...
reviews: 1
6. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

Brent - please NAME of the company that scammed you!

If you want any help from the FORUM, this is essential information.

It's not like telling FORUM members the name will 'hurt' this fraudulent enterprise, is it?

So, give it up NAME names!

Poppa

Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 12
7. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

It sounds like the tour company did not show up?

Did they offer a refund?

What recompense do you want for MAKING YOUR WIFE CRY?

Almost the exact same thing happened to us in Philadelphia recently where the tour company did not show up at the date and time specified. I was upset. It was to take us to parts of the city we never would have done on our own. I was REALLY looking forward to it. They gave us a refund.

I've moved on.

Cleveland, Georgia
8. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

NYCVP New York City Vacation Packages - we'd booked the motor coach tour of the city lights. The police had cordoned off most of the tour route so I can see why they couldn't get there - but to lie about it to us, then to refuse to refund our money!! Simply outrageous.

We ordered cheesecake watching the side entry to the Sheraton an hour before the tour was scheduled. 15 min prior to departure we called the company's numbers with no answer, the concierge at the Sheraton and the help desk both called their numbers for the company with no answer. The concierge related that there were other couples who had related the same problem (unable to find the tour bus). In addition, we have date/time/gps stamped photos that show the bus wasn't there. I also found another review on trip advisor today from another person who had a similar experience with this company.

Cleveland, Georgia
9. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

"Their reply was that they would make no accommodation or refund our money."

As to how they could "make it right" - I'd settle for them flying my family back up there and providing us with the service they failed to provide. If they lack the means to do that, then firing the Guide and the manager that denied us a refund would be a good start. No customer service business can thrive while it has employees lying about services rendered and stealing from customers.

Cleveland, Georgia
10. Re: How do I report a fraudulent tour company for action?

The previous post I mentioned reveals that the person bilking Sue of her money was Beth. That's the name of the lady that refused to make accommodations for their error on my trip.

(Previous post follows)

Sue C

Michigan

Save this Post

NYCVP for Thanksgiving parade vacation

Dec 05, 2011, 12:58 PM

I will NEVER again use this company. I booked my family's vacation back in March because I wanted to be sure we got the brunch and room to watch in in case of inclement weather as we were traveling with a one-1/2 year old. When I called and spoke with Beth originally I was assured this would be the case. It wasn't until we got to NYC and I called to find out where this was that she informed me we didn't get it that we were, in fact, too late. I told her this wasn't true and because I had bee to NYC many times before, this was the ONLY reason we booked through her. She said she told us this when we spoke -- again, only HER word and I assured her this was not the case. She became very rude with me and I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was the manager and I asked to speak to her boss and she said there is no one besides her to speak with and proceeded to hang up on me. She was sweet as sweet could be until I told her she was mistaken about our trip and I intend to contact the Better Business Bureau about this because I ended up paying over $500 a night for our hotel through them because she did not deliver what she promised.