We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Reception

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 21
Wedding Reception

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions for a small wedding reception for around 40-50 people, probably looking for a restaurant private room but open to any suggestion that fit into the budget.

The budget is around $150-$200 per person for food and drink. We're not looking for anything too fancy as we have some fussy eaters to cater for....american comfort food/italian/steakhouse would probably work best.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Wedding Reception

bateauxnewyork.com

You can get a few tables in one area of the boat.

For something on land

www.moransrestaurant.com/events-catering.html

galway
reviews: 28
2. Re: Wedding Reception

Last Friday 15th nov we went to the River Café New York near to Brooklyn Bridge. Wow the most amazing venue as it looks across the Hudson river at Manhatten. The place is really special were there for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding the food was great. Only complaint would be that we arrived at 7.30 and after the meal tables were cleared as we had to be out by eleven. But otherwise staff lovely and really great location for a wedding

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
3. Re: Wedding Reception

Interesting to hear! It's not yet opened to the public.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
4. Re: Wedding Reception

Maybe the reception was set up in that side room and not the main room at the River Cafe?

In any case, it is nice to hear it is operating even if not yet fully.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 50
5. Re: Wedding Reception

Have you looked into using the services of private clubs like the Lotos Club, that provides rooms and catering for private events. The place is beautiful and made the perfect venue for a family wedding. www.lotosclub.org.

The New York Magazine has a wedding App which I believe is free and has great information, specially with regards to private venues.http://nymag.com/weddings

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
6. Re: Wedding Reception

The problem with private venues like the Lotos Club is they usually require you pay separately for food, flowers etc. which will run far more than $200/person.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 50
7. Re: Wedding Reception

Lotos Club includes the food. Yes, you may have to pay for flowers but we found the prices way better than a hotel or restaurant. A place like Lotos is non profit and you benefit from that as costs are more competitive than a "for profit" venue. With wise planning, flowers can be managed very reasonably. Most of these old clubs are in beautiful old mansions and don't require too much embellishment. I do admit that going this route requires quite a bit of research which may be difficult for someone who doesn't live in the city.

Brooklyn, New York
8. Re: Wedding Reception

Look at Macelleria in the meatnpacking district. It is an Italian/steak house. I really enjoy the food and atmosphere there. You will need to contact them to get pricing. Google the restaurant and information will be displayed including the menu.

Scotland
reviews: 21
9. Re: Wedding Reception

Great, thank you for all the suggestions. Lots of places that I hadn't already found in my research! Anymore ideas, keep them coming!

Reply to: Wedding Reception
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted