We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seafood in NYC

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
reviews: 114
Best Seafood in NYC

Hi All,

I am counting down my days to my trip to NYC!

I am a great lover of seafood and I was wondering if you guys could guide me to some good seafood restaurants or cafes. I would ideally want some place near the water where fresh seafood is prepared for lunch or dinner !

Looking forward to your replies !

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 57
1. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Le Bernardine if you want one of the top, if not the top rated seafood restaurant which has a "few" Michelin stars. Not by the water, though. Very few of those. Esca in Hell's Kitchen. Marea in midtown. Quick lunches: any place that serves Lobster Rolls which could range from the Lobster Man in Chelsea Market, to Luke's Lobster, to Mary's Fish Camp or Pear's (in the Village).

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 15
2. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Good seafood is not always found near the water. One of the best seafood places - recommended by no less than 3 celebrity chefs - in San Francisco is the Swan Oyster Depot. People line up for blocks to have lunch there & it is nowhere near water. I've been there & the seafood is immaculately fresh & heavenly delicious.

Having stated that - I'd second Le Bernardine but it is a multi star restaurant & therefore not cheap!

Guildford, United...
3. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Thank you for the replies! Really appreciate it.

thessaloniki
reviews: 4
4. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

And also,The Oyster Bar,at the Grand Central Terminal,provides exquisite seafood in an

interesting enviroment,as it is I believe,a NYC institution.

New York
reviews: 4
5. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Everybody us loves Le Bernardin but us. Mary's Fish Crowd, no reservations, terrific, terrific seafood. Expensive but worth it Aquagrill. Luke's is fun but the ones I have been to are small with no seats. And for something totally different Fuleen Chinese seafood restaurant.

yelp.com/biz/fuleen-seafood-restaurant-new-y…

Guildford, United...
6. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Thanks guys. I will be staying near Grand Central so would definitely check out the Oyster Bar!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
7. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

The Oyster Bar is good for oysters and clam chowder (soup) but it's not the best for fish in general.

Guildford, United...
8. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Ah okay! I am not a big oyster fan! More if a prawns and calamari and lobster and grilled fish person! :)

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 96
9. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Mary's Fish Camp is amazing - wow. Excellent place.

Guildford, United...
10. Re: Best Seafood in NYC

Thank you MoreFFmiles. I have added that to my trip! :D Will definitely be going there!