We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC bars teenager

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winsford
reviews: 5
NYC bars teenager

As our trip is only a week away myself wife and 15 year old daughter and being I'm from the uk our football season has started and when I'm in NYC I would like to be able to watch the games in a sports bar I no that under 21 year olds can not get served in a bar ,but are they allowed in and can they sit in the premises,can they drink soft drinks if they are purchased by myself my friend went to LA two weeks ago his daughter was allowed in the bars but not allowed anywhere near the actual bar itself but could sit in the premises any advice would be grateful,also any recommendations for any good sports bars thanks.

London, United...
reviews: 146
1. Re: NYC bars teenager

I don't know the answer to this - I think policies are different in different parts of the country - but I wondered if your wife and daughter are big football fans and whether they'd actually much rather explore New York and shop while you're watching four games?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: NYC bars teenager

It depends upon the bar itself. If they have a restaurant area your underage daughter will be allowed to sit there with you. If it is strictly a bar and there is no real food served then she will most likely be denied admission. But, I echo the question above-all the way to NYC to sit and watch football? Even if you are big fans, it seems a waste of time and airfare--stay in London, while in NY you should be out enjoying the city.

winsford
reviews: 5
3. Re: NYC bars teenager

Yeah sorry didn't really explain wont be watching every game just the Man utd game as I'm a fan of there's should of explained this better

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
4. Re: NYC bars teenager

Your holiday, your time allocation, doesn't change bar rules.

London, United...
5. Re: NYC bars teenager

I do agree with rdglady - although I would have made the point a lot less aggressively - but my bigger point was, if you're the one who is the football fan (which if you're like most families - not all - is probably the case), why do your wife and teenage daughter have to sit in the bar with you rather than doing something they want to do in the second best city in the world?

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
6. Re: NYC bars teenager

Agree that if the game is important to you, find a bar to watch it in and let the ladies explore NYC....You can meet up after at a given time/place.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 106
7. Re: NYC bars teenager

Can't you just record the game and watch it when you get home? Seems a waste of time while in NYCity!

London, United...
8. Re: NYC bars teenager

It's United Chelsea on the second week of the new season. That means nothing to you. Hopefully you will just accept, no more questions asked, that it does to this gentleman.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
reviews: 35
9. Re: NYC bars teenager

lol, ask one questions, get a lot of answers to another one ....

It would probably be best to do some groundwork a couple of days ahead .... find out where you can watch the game and ask in those bars whether you can watch as a family ...

I once went to a comedy cellar with my 19 yo nephew, it took some frowns before we were let in and I wasn't allowed to have an alcoholic drink either, for sitting at the same table (They checked on us several times ^_^).

Edited: 8:42 am, August 18, 2013
Scotland, UK
reviews: 134
10. Re: NYC bars teenager

We went to a bar Nevada Smiths that shows soccer for an International game. My 20 year old son is a major soccer fan and I don't mind it too much. They did not seem to mind us drinking soft drinks but it was just a few guys and one other female. I think they may have moved since we were there a year ago.

http://www.nevadasmiths.net

We watched the Wimbledon final here this year and it was more family friendly and nicer - http://smithfieldnyc.com/news/

It is quite near Macy's if your wife and daughter get bored!

Not sure where you are staying but that should give you options in different parts of the city.