We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
reviews: 1
Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

We are going to NYC for my husband's birthday and would like to go see Rock of Ages, we really enjoyed the movie (especially the songs). I was wondering if anyone else has seen it on Broadway and their opinions. thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

This is one of many previous threads with one sentence reviews. Genereal consensus is if you like 80's music, you'll like the show.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2990087…

If you want to read more

Didhelikeit.com

is where you can read critics' reviews. Putting the words rock of ages reviews in the search engine on the forum will get you more threads here.

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 15
2. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

It is very rock & roll with an atmosphere that is so laid back that they serve alcohol in the auditorium during the show up until just after intermission. Very loud. However, if you like that era's music, it should be a fun show for you to see. (I went to see it just to see it & was glad to check it off my list of shows seen but it didn't make it on my list of must see again shows but then I'm a classical music fan.)

Houston, Texas
reviews: 18
3. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

It's a fun show. Be aware that the storyline between the movie and the stage musical varies quite a bit. Pretty funny dialogue, good 80's vintage music. Best part is the theatre it's held in is very small, as long as you're not seated at the very outside of a row, it'll be like being in someone's living room.

Boynton Beach...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

Great thanks for the opinions

New York, NY
reviews: 42
5. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

Agree with all of the above. Good music, funny, intimate theater.

One inside tip: Bathroom lines are killer though - be aware that during intermission, the line is ridiculous, even for the guys.

conn
reviews: 39
6. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

worth seeing once it is fun and they let you bring drinks back to your seats.

new york
reviews: 31
7. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

I like the stage show much better than the movie, although the replacement cast isn't as good as the original.

As long as you like the 80's, you're good.

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 15
8. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

Gee, could it be all the alcohol being served during the show?she asks a bit sarcastically.

9. Re: Opinions on "Rock of Ages"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 10, 2014