We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast & Alcohol

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
reviews: 5
Breakfast & Alcohol

Hi everyone,

We are staying in the London NYC for Thanksgiving cant wait!

Can you recommend any good places for breakfast close to our hotel?

Also good bars for drinks close to the hotel?

Many thanks :)

Concord, California
reviews: 11
11. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

Hey, NYers! Aren't bagels considered breakfast food? Any suggestions?

NYC / Fire Island...
reviews: 4
12. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

Hola.

We have lived in the Village for 40+ years, so you might call us “locals” and here are our PERSONAL favorite Village or nearby breakfast/brunch places (with or without the "alcohol") based on our frequent meals throughout the many years:

The Elephant & Castle at 68 Greenwich Avenue (just east of 7th Avenue) is a "Village” institution at which we have enjoyed eating for almost 40 years. They have a full menu for breakfast and brunch. For more information see: http://www.elephantandcastle.com

The “Good Stuff” diner at 109 West 14th Street just west of 6th Avenue (AKA Avenue o the Americas). This place has become a neighbor favorite and always has a great mixed crowd of NYC denizens. For more information see: http://www.goodstuffdiner.com

The Coppelia diner at 207 West 14th Street just west of 7th Avenue. This place has a great local following of Hispanic residents and Villagers and the breakfasts have a Cuban flair. For more information, see: http://www.ybandco.com/media/coppelia.html

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 8:21 pm, July 25, 2013
Birmingham
13. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

Thanks so much for all your suggestions Sarabeths looks FAB....really helpful....

Ps I have been know to have a glass of champagne at breakfast ;)

New York City, New...
reviews: 113
14. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

Your hotel actually makes excellent cocktails. The bar there is very nice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
15. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

I'm thinking about this jacket issue for drinks and I assume you realize he will need some sort of jacket for the weather at that time of year to walk outside. I never get why it's such a big deal to wear a blazer or sports jacket vs some other kind of jacket. Just saying. But these days, he wouldnt "need" a jacket in most places. But dont men realize they look better and slimmer in one????

NYC / Fire Island...
reviews: 4
16. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

"....But dont men realize they look better and slimmer in one????...."

Beauty is relative and in the eyes of the beholder. :-))))

CH

Edited: 9:46 am, July 26, 2013
Birmingham
17. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

Like most things in life it's just personal preference ...personally I think women look better in heels but I wouldn't expect everyone to wear them as thats just my opinion ..obviously we are fully aware my husband will require a jacket or maybe a coat depending on the weather to walk outside lol....

In my experience bars that require a Jacket and tie can sometimes be a little stuffy again just my opinion :)

18. Re: Breakfast & Alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2014