We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brigg, United...
reviews: 2
Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Hi to all ....

My wife and I will be over on Oct 10th ... not our first trip but we have a few questions ....

Will the Bank Holiday weekend effect anything regarding what's open ?

Looking for tickets for Jersey Boys but with it not showing on the Monday (Columbus Day) we can only see full price tickets - any chance do you think of getting tickets at TKS ?

We are staying at Doubletree. 569 Lexington. Any great Deli's close by for breakfast?

We are really looking forward to strolling around Greenwich Village, Little Italy, Chelsea market.

Talking in a museaum or two and maybe doing a cruise.

Is the Bateaux Hudson worth doing?

All comments/advice greatly appreciated ...

John & Karen

Astoria, New York
1. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Assume you are referring to the Columbus Day holiday

Stores and other places will be open as usual, offices will be closed on Monday

(And stores will be having sales, Americans only stop shopping on Thanksgiving, Xmas and Easter.)

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
2. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Nope.

Just about everything will be open as scheduled except for that Monday when banks/schools/etc will be closed. It really should not affect you much. BWAY is another issue. I will let someone confirm that for you.

Great time to come to NYC to walk around and enjoy the Fall weather.

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
3. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

**Americans only stop shopping on Thanksgiving, Xmas and Easter.**

+1

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 15
4. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Since both of my theater discount places are not showing any current discounts for Jersey Boys, I'd say that getting a discount at TKTS for that show is problematical at best. One never knows (do one?) but better not to count on it.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
5. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Most theaters are dark on Mondays, whether or not it's a holiday.

Your hotel is very close to Ess-A-Bagel. That would be my choice for breakfast in the area.

Brigg, United...
6. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Thanks to everyone for the responses/advice .... much appreciated.

"stores will be having sales" ... thanks Kaye, must hide that from the wife lol!

Cyblume .. looks like we may have to look at an alternative to Jersey Boys as don't really want to pay full price. Any discount recommendations please?

We are really looking forward to our trip, love it over there.

rgds

John

Levin, New Zealand
7. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

will be watching with interest! We're also arriving on the 10th of October until the 16th! Our first trip, very excited!

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 15
8. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Alternative plays are Cinderella or Once which won best musical at last year's Tony's. The latter play has one fun aspect of it. The musical is set in an Irish pub. If you go in a bit early, the bar onstage sells drinks & the featured performers come out & sing right there onstage with you. I haven't seen this incarnation of Cinderella but others on this website have recommended it. Both are currently on discount at TheaterMania & probably on Playbill Club although I don't think the discount covers your stay yet. However, I don't see any reason why both of those plays wouldn't be on discount in a month or two which is when you need to check any discounted sites.

Brigg, United...
9. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

Thanks Cyblume .... much appreciated.

rgds

John

Edited: 1:13 pm, July 26, 2013
NSW
reviews: 104
10. Re: Trip Oct 10th - 15th

We did the Classic Harbor Line brunch cruise last October. It circles Manhattan and was just lovely. The food was great, it was a vintage boat, the staff were fantastic, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. And, it leaves from Chelsea Pier, so you can walk the High Line and visit Chelsea Market after it. I would highly recommend it.