We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jersey gardens shopping

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
13 posts
jersey gardens shopping

A friend and I are going to NYC in October as a surprise for my daughters 16th birthday.

We want to take her to the jersey gardens outlet mall as it will have more shops suited to her taste and budget over woodbury common.

We are staying at the New Yorker hotel near the empire state building and I'm looking for advice on the best way to get there.

We intend to go on a Monday, I have read you can go from both grand central station and the port authority terminal. I'm not sure where these are from our hotel / how to get to them and the route we need to take once there.

Can anyone help?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
86,133 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: jersey gardens shopping

maps.google.com

can help. You just type the trip like

New Yorker Hotel nyc to port authority bus terminal

and can see the idstance. For directions using public transportation, click the train icon on the upper left corner. Port Authority is closer to your hotel and in the direction to Jersey Gardens. Grand Central would be backtracking.

London, United...
13 posts
2. Re: jersey gardens shopping

Thanks very much

glasgow
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: jersey gardens shopping

Got the bus from port authority to jersey gardens last year took about 40 mins and about 1 1/2 hours on the way back. It's just a short walk from your hotel to p/a

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
8,650 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: jersey gardens shopping

There are actually two busses from the Port Authority going to Jersey Gardens, the 111 and 115

I don't believe you can get to Jersey Gardens by train

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0111.pdf

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0115.pdf

The trip should be a zone 5 trip for fare purposes -- $6.50 each way for adults, $2.95 for kids 5-11)

Both busses depart from gate 222 and there will be more than one door at gate 222 but it won't be obvious -- just ask someone when you get to the gate

If for some reason you take the 115 after 3:00 PM the departure gate changes to 221 (probably to make extra room for all the commuters taking it home)

You MUST purchase a ticket prior to boarding at the Port Authority (either from a machine which will be located just outside the gate area or from a ticket agent). Get a round trip ticket and your life will be easier

Remember that on your return, leaing between, say 4:30 and 7:00 (or maybe 7:30) will put you in the middle of the evening rush (since Manhattan is an island, they have more lanes outbound than inbound so traffic is bad coming into the city too; in the morning they revers that)

Directions to the Port Authority from your hotel http://goo.gl/maps/MXe5w

Edited: 4:27 pm, July 25, 2013
Wales
Level Contributor
230 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: jersey gardens shopping

I have been a few times make sure you take your passport with you , they will give you a coupon book with lots of great savings from the concierge desk . Just tell them you are from the UK , we also get a early bus to get there for opening , warning the bus,s can get very busy coming back .

Kearny, New Jersey
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: jersey gardens shopping

I don't know what day in Oct you are planning to go, but there is Monday night football (American) Giants game is on Oct 21. You may want to avoid this date due to a potential nightmare traffic on your bus route before/after the game. I checked Jets games too, but no Monday night games for them at MetLife in Oct.

London, United...
13 posts
7. Re: jersey gardens shopping

Thanks guys, bus looks like an easy option then. We are looking at going Monday 28th. I will definately take my passport for the coupon, thanks for the tip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: jersey gardens shopping

I am taking my daughter to new york for her 16th BIRTHDAY and i want to get the shopping out the way on the 21/12/13. we are staying at the waldorf esrtoria how do I get to the jersey oulet. i would be grateful for any advice thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
14,516 posts
1 review
9. Re: jersey gardens shopping

**I am taking my daughter to new york for her 16th BIRTHDAY and i want to get the shopping out the way on the 21/12/13. we are staying at the waldorf esrtoria how do I get to the jersey oulet. i would be grateful for any advice thanks**

Just get to Port Authority and follow the instructions on post #4.

(Take the E train from 51st/Lexington entrance-which is actually the 53rd Street stop-downtown directly to Port Authority-42nd Street)

London, United...
13 posts
10. Re: jersey gardens shopping

You can get the NJ transit from the port authority bus terminal not far from time square and broadway. It's less than $15 return and takes you straight there. Pick up is at the same place as drop off. Take your passport and go to the information desk and you can get a voucher book if your from out of state