We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Thinking of making reservations at Pod 39 most reviews state that it is tiny. Is it smaller than a cruise cabin on say Carnival? Also is the location near the main sightseeing locations like Times Square; Ground Zero; Macys etc. Or at least near subway?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 11
1. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Oyster recently did a review of Pod 39. Look at the pictures, read the comments and also look at the Map. The rooms are very small, especially if you have a single room.

www.oyster.com/new-york-city/hotels/pod-39/

2. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 pm, July 29, 2013
3. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Thanks! I am aware it' s not a theme park..I will get a guide

4. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Great.Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
5. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

I stayed at a different Pod hotel (I think it was on east 51st?), and had a single room. Yes the room was the tiniest hotel room I have ever seen, but I felt it was well designed, and I only used it to sleep in so it suited me fine. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, aside from a little noise from the lift in my room (which didn't stop me from getting to sleep), I couldn't complain. And when I asked for a quieter room for my next stay, I got one.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
6. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Be aware: many of us get very offended by tourists who imply (or just state, as you did) that they think the World Trade Center site and 9/11 Memorial are "sightseeing locations." I'm sure you can understand why.

Any map, like maps.google.com, will show you where things are in relation to each other. The blue "Ms" are subway stations.

7. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 pm, July 29, 2013
Monza, Italy
reviews: 19
8. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

ko318,are you speaking about single rooms?I've stayed in April at Pod 39 in a single room,for a week,and I've never felt uncomfortable...the only(marginal)issue was that I couldn't store my baggage under the bed,so I put it at the foot of the bed itself...I was so happy with Pod 39 that I'll be back in three weeks!It's also very close to Grand Central Terminal,so you have plenty of travelling options.And be sure to ask for a quiet room(the higher,the better-I was on 14th) far from the elevator.

9. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

I think it's being misunderstood. I was merely making that reference as it pertains to the location of Pod 39. I I totally understand because as someone who lost someone during that time; I am not simply a tourist,I am just not a native to NY. Thanks for all of the input though.

10. Re: pod 39 like a cruise cabin?

Thanks! I am looking to stay in the double; just for two nights. Sounds like a great location.