We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Trade Centre Transport Hub

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McGregor, South...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town
reviews: 119
World Trade Centre Transport Hub

Currently, how easy is it to transfer from the Subway to the Path station at WTC. Is there much difference in terms of distance/ease of use between the 5 lines (A, C, E, 2 and 3). Thanks.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

You exit the subway station and walk a few blocks. There is no significant difference between the various subway lines in terms of the PATH transfer.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
2. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

If you get on the front of the E train, the exit will be a short block from the PATH station. When you get off the train at the WTC stop, walk thru the turnstiles at the front, make a u-turn to the right, go up the first staircase in your left, and go straight down the block. The 2/3 is a bit further, but if you have mobility issues or luggage, there is an elevator at the Chambers Street stop (although the E staircase is not long).

Munich, Germany
reviews: 5
3. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

Hallo everyone,

we also have to go from JFK to PATH. We only have to go to Newport so we don´t mind which PATH-train to use.

My question is, is there a subway station that´s more convenient for the to change to PATH?

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
4. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

There are direct connections on the 6th Avenue line at 34th Street, 23rd Street, and 14th Street. Some have recommended making this transfer at 23rd Street since there are no other transfers available at that point. However, only the F and the M stop at this station. There are more subway options if you transfer to PATH at 34th Street or 14th Street, so this really depends on where you're coming from.

BTW - Pay no attention to the fact that the PATH stop is labelled 33rd Street rather than 34th Street. It's in the same complex as the 34th Street subway stations on the 6th Avenue and Broadway lines.

It sounds like you already know that you'll want a PATH train going to Journal Square rather than to Hoboken (although late night and weekend service will be via Hoboken.)

If you plan to take the AirTrain to Jamaica and then the subway, you'd first get the E train at Jamaica. At any one of a number of stations, such as Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike, make a same-platform transfer to the F train. If you do this then I'd just get off at 23rd Street for transfer to the PATH trains.

Edited: 9:46 am, July 24, 2013
McGregor, South...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town
reviews: 119
5. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

Thanks for the replies.

Actually I just want to get to Exchange Place from JFK. Initially I thought to take the E train from Sulphin Blvd to WTC, then I thought perhaps it might be better to take the A train from Howard Beach to Chambers Street. (I know neither are quick, but after hours in the air 30mins extra travel time is not important). I shall be travelling on a Sunday late afternoon.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
6. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

MacSym: My reply was for Sandburg. I agree with getting PATH at the WTC for Exchange Place. However, if for some reason you don't want the outside walk from the subway to PATH at the WTC, you can get there via the 33rd Street line, although it's more roundabout.

You could follow the directions I've given to Sandburg about where to transfer to the PATH. In your case you'd then take a Journal Square PATH train to Newport/Pavonia, get off and wait on the same platform for a World Trade Center train. You'd take that train one stop to Exchange Place.

This description is for weekdays. The route would be a bit different late at night or on the weekend.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
7. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

On a weekday, the A train will be faster to Chambers Street than the E train to WTC.

Munich, Germany
reviews: 5
8. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

Thank you all for your help!

I had no idea weekend service was via Hoboken so I´ll have to make sure to print the exact schedule once it´s available. We´ll be going in september so there is still some time.

I wanted to use LIRR with the city ticket. If anyone thinks this would be a problem, please let me know.

9. Re: World Trade Centre Transport Hub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 09, 2014