We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Pennsylvania
reviews: 33
Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

My wife, daughter & I are arriving via Amtrak in September and are staying at the Sheraton Times Square. Should we take a taxi to the hotel or is there a better option?

Also, can we buy one Metro Card for the subway and use it for all three of us or should we each have our own?

Thanks

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
11. Re: Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

The E to 7th Avenue (& 53rd Street) will let you out right on the doorstep of the Sheraton, but the 1 to 50th Street (& Broadway) will only be a couple of short blocks away. So either of these will work. The E will be on the 8th Avenue end of Penn Station and the 1 will be on the 7th Avenue end.

Although I'd personally choose the uptown E, if you happen to find yourself at the 7th Avenue end of Penn Station, the uptown 1 will be fine as well.

Erie, Pennsylvania
reviews: 33
12. Re: Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

Thanks MoreFF.

We'll each have a small suitcase and/or duffle bag. Will that be an issue on the train?

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
13. Re: Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

This won't be a problem on the subway. FWIW, the lettered trains, such as the E, have somewhat wider cars than the numbered trains, such as the 1.

14. Re: Best option from Penn Station to 7th & 52nd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 29, 2014