We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Train Grand Central Terminal

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
reviews: 36
4 Train Grand Central Terminal

Hi.

My son and I will be visiting and plan to take the 4 Train to Yankee Stadium. How do I find this train inside Grand Central Terminal? I can't find a map other than stores, etc. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
1. Re: 4 Train Grand Central Terminal

You will need to go down to the subway platforms first , ( below Grand Central Terminal ) , There are signs directing you to the subway platforms and after you have cleared the turnstiles, there are signs directing you to the uptown number 4 train platform

We also found it was just as easy to follow the hundreds of other yankees fans swamming through there........

Edited: 1:54 am, May 04, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
2. Re: 4 Train Grand Central Terminal

Easy to find. There will be signs directing you to the subways. Just make sure you get on the uptown line. Another suggestion, make sure that you buy your Metrocard before your trip. Grand Central can have lines several people deep.

NY, NY
reviews: 6
3. Re: 4 Train Grand Central Terminal

Agree with prior replies - there are signs in Grand Central and there are usually police scattered about GC that you can ask for directions if you're not sure. Make sure you look for the #4 train going uptown, to the Bronx. The #5 train stops on the same platform, so also check the train to make sure you are boarding a #4, not a #5 (I've done that when not looking). And agree with ree-nyc - there should be a number of people in pinstripes on the platform/train.

There are a number of entrances to Grand Central - the lines for a metrocard are the longest at the entrance on 42nd street. Suggest going to the entrance on Lexington between 42nd and 43rd, the booth there is less crowded and there are two sets of metrocard vending machines in case the booth is closed.

4. Re: 4 Train Grand Central Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2014