We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation in Dec

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 24
Hotel recommendation in Dec

I would like to get some hotel recommendations for 6 dec to 10 dec. Requires to be able to sleep 3 people. Budget around $250-$360

Area must be safe and close to a subway. Subway stop has to have people around at night (ie not dead quiet).

Preferably in time sq where there are lots of people late at night but i know i'm pushing it with my budget at this time of the year.

Hotel needs to be modern and clean.

Thank you

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

That's the most expensive weekend of the year aside form New Year's Eve itself, so your options will be VERY limited.

I see the Best Western Convention Center for around $250 a night for two double beds on several sites, including Kayak and Quikbook. It's about a ten minute walk from the nearest subway, but it's walkable to Times Square.

Australia
2. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Thank you

Is there something closer to the subway? Is wall st district an ok place to stay?

Australia
3. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Any comments on these? thanks

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village

Andaz Wall Street - a Hyatt Hotel

ONE UN New York, formerly Millennium UN Plaza Hotel

Millenium Hilton (next to WTC)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Well obviously none are in/near Times Square which is what you said was your preference. Andaz Wall St. is probably the nicest on the list but very far from the main things people want to see at Xmas time. Same with the Millenium Hilton but the Mill. Hilton is closer to the subway and more different subway lines. The Four Points soho will have the most nightlife/activity late at night. ONE UN is a nice hotel with gorgeous views from all rooms but a bit further to walk to the subway.

http://goo.gl/maps/YvHfv

East Sussex
5. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Please could I ask BrooklynBridge why this is the second most expensive weekend of the year? Sorry to hyjack this thread but we're looking for the same time and I dont know why it's providng so expensive. I knew it would be expensive but didn't realise the prices would be as high as they are. Thanks guys

Melbourne
reviews: 7
6. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

From what I understand, it is a VERY popular Christmas/holiday weekend.

The Rockefeller tree is lit during the week so every wants to visit NYC for the Christmas lights and Christmas shopping!

Australia
7. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

yeah originally i wanted to stay in Time Sq but the prices for that week are way too high. I'm hoping to venture out a bit to get more affordable accommodation.

nywhiz, when you say from from things, its not that far right? At most a 30 min subway ride?

I"m trying to recall my prev trip to nyc, i remember going to wall st and it wasn't too far from time sq from memory.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
8. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Yes, I consider 25-35 mins. travel time far in NYC.

http://maps.google.com/

The other thing to consider is the financial district gets colder and windier at that time of year because it's all so close to the water vs. further uptown. Most trip reports I've read about a Xmas visit when people have stayed downtown in the financial district because of a good price have said, the hotel was great but they wouldn't do it again because it was a PITA to get around and very cold.

Australia
9. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

I can live with 25-35 mins travel time... it takes me 1 hour door to door to get to work everyday!!

ah ok, thanks for that about the temperature, that may be enough to swap me away from the financial district. It makes sense though, the closer to the water the colder it gets.

How about SoHo?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
10. Re: Hotel recommendation in Dec

Soho is not as cold and windy. I like Soho. 20 mins. to midtown by subway and you can also take a bus.

http://goo.gl/maps/yyozD