We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 13
Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

Hi all

Well I've been back home for 3 weeks but still find myself looking here all the time!! Have a list of places I'd like to visit ready to go for next time. It gets added to all the time, like The Chocolate Room in Brooklyn why oh why did I not know about that before?!

To all those lucky people still looking forward to their trip, enjoy :-))

reviews: 11
1. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

I'm exactly the same, it's been almost 7 weeks since I got home from NYC and still keep looking! Love reading the trip reports and thinking 'wish I'd done that' or 'that's for next time'! Have a great trip to the lucky lot still waiting to go x

NSW
reviews: 106
2. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

I have been back almost seven months, and I'm the same! :) Once you have been to beautiful New York City, it is hard to get it out of your head! Plus I love reading all the travel advice, and trip reports. It is such an active, dynamic forum, just like the city.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 226
3. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

hey Angie - ive also been back just over 3 weeks too now , couldnt do without my daily dip into the forum - it just seems to bring you that teeny bit closer to NYC every day without actually being there ......know what you mean about the Chocolate Room - thats another one website ive also been dipping in and out of for next time !

Stockport, United...
reviews: 226
4. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

Sorry ....meant Kellywelly ! ; /

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
reviews: 28
5. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

It's a hard addiction to kick. I came back from our first trip in December 2011 and still read the forum so regularly that a second trip became necessary! Returned from our second trip a year ago and still come back here every now. Here's to trip number three some day soon! My bucket list just keeps growing!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 18
6. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

I visited NYC twice in the early to mid 80's and never really forgot. A day trip in 2010 enroute to somewhere else re-ignited my love for the city and I've been there 3 times each in 2011 and 2012, and once so far this year. I always check in here at least once a week to see what I'm missing. So many of my best times have been picked up by reading random posts here.

It's much cheaper (relatively speaking) for me than for you over-sea'ers so I'm constantly viewing airfares and hotel rates for my next visit. Memorial Day weekend has been good for me, as has November, but I may just try a summer visit this year.

reviews: 34
7. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

We too have been back a while. Still working on the rest of my TR. I also have been listening to the Bowery Boys podcasts. If you like history and quirky facts they are great and free. I do keep saying oh wish we would have gone there .... Next time.

Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only nutter that's obsessed with this forum!!

I don't think 100 visits would be enough to be honest, you'd still find things you wanted to do next time :-)

Hope you all get to visit again soon x

n.e. scotland
reviews: 12
9. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

thank you very much for your post.

i have just added the chocolate room in brooklyn to my list of attractions. i might never have found it if it wasn't for your thread.

thanks.

kazz.

10. Re: Home 3 weeks but still look on the forum every day!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2014