We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go New Year's Eve?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Where to go New Year's Eve?

Hi there

We are travelling to New York for new year 2013/2014 after spending New Years last time we visited in an Irish bar we wanted to do something different. We are 4 adults and were thinking of maybe a nice meal we don't fancy the crowds at Times Square so if anyone has any ideas for something please let me know!!

Thank you.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 28
1. Re: Where to go New Year's Eve?

A dinner cruise maybe? It is way to early to tell what each restaurant is planning, but you can start to look.at www.timeoutny.com a bit before you come,

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Where to go New Year's Eve?

Before I directly answer your questions, I want to let you know there are TONS of posts on this topic with loads of information and helpful guidance. You can find them this way: Near the top of this page, a little bit under the box with the orange print that says SEE HOTELS, you'll see another box that says SEARCH IN -- it should say New York City forums. In the blank box beside it, enter NEW YEARS EVE. On the page that pops up, click on "sort by date".

- “we don't fancy the crowds at Times Square so if anyone has any ideas for something please let me know”

Our family went to Times Square on NYE and loved it (but it was expensive because we went to the Bubba Gumps party!) The locals think going to see the fireworks in Central Park is a better option -- and really, you just can't go wrong celebrating New Years with fireworks!

- “We are 4 adults and were thinking of maybe a nice meal”

Personally, I think The View Restaurant would be perfect for that night. It’s on the 47th floor of the Marriott Marquis Hotel in the Times Square area. We went there for a late dinner after the theatre one night. It has a wonderful, revolving, 360 degree view. We loved seeing the lights of NYC against the dark sky. You can see the website's photos at theviewnyc.com/the-view-story/photo-gallery We each got the restaurant's 3 course prix-fixe dinner (fixed price) for $79 each. I read some grumbling reviewers who said it's a tourist trap and the food isn't great. We disagree. And although you can't "taste" the menu, you can read about it: www.theviewnyc.com/restaurant/dinner-menu

Another option is The View Lounge, one floor above the restaurant. It has the same wonderful, revolving, 360 degree view as the restaurant. It has an extensive cocktail list, a dinner buffet (until late evening), a cheese and dessert buffet and a flowing chocolate fountain. No reservations are necessary. http://www.theviewnyc.com/lounge

Even though you don't need reservations for the lounge, you definitely need reservations for the restaurant. You can get them by calling the restaurant at 212.704.8900 or by going to www.opentable.com

doncaster
reviews: 35
3. Re: Where to go New Year's Eve?

We are on NYC for New Years this year, we intend to book some where for a meal then go to see the fire works in Central Park or go watch the city from the Brooklyn bridge.

Middlesbrough...
4. Re: Where to go New Year's Eve?

Buggy07 yes that sounds like a good idea so glad I've found out about Central Park fireworks may go there

5. Re: Where to go New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 02, 2014