We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carnegie
reviews: 1
Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

Hello! My husband and I will be staying on West 35th Street in Manhattan later this spring. We're looking for a breakfast place that, in particular, has great breakfast bagel sandwiches. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Oklahoma City...
1. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

Hi!

I think you should check it out Best Bagel and Coffee. You know what! This place is gonna get the five star bagel recommendation based on price, taste, value and location. The accept all credit cards, the interior is cozy and clean.

New York City
reviews: 3
2. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

Exactly what sort of "breakfast bagel sandwiches" did you have in mind? Note that since real New York bgels are dense and chewy things, they are not really suitable for making "breakfast sandwiches" -- other than perhaps smearing one with cream cheese ond putting some lox on it. Bagels are typically eaten by themselves, either plain, or buttered, or with cream cheese or a cream cheese spread. A sandwich of bacon (and bacon on a bagel is already weird...) and eggs between slices of an airy, poofy round thing laughably called a "bagel" is something one should look for a a McDonald's in Peoria, but not in New York City. If you want a "breakfast sandwich" involving eggs in NYC, it would be much more common to find it served on a "hard" or "seeded" or "Kaiser" roll.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 14
3. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

I agree that good NY bagels aren't ideal for breakfast sandwiches. Another specialty of NYC (and surrounding region) that i miss sooo much is something called a "hard roll". This is a nice yeasty roll that, oddly enough, is not hard at all. AKA kaiser roll, but it's much better than in other regions. It is just slightly crisp on the outside, light, moist, chewy, big yeasty bubbles on the inside. It is perfect for breakfast sandwiches. Many delis will serve breakfast sandwiches on a hard roll. They are baked daily and widely distributed.

4. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:18 pm, February 22, 2013
Edited: 1:18 pm, February 22, 2013
New York City
reviews: 3
5. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

I assume a hard roll is called that because it has that nice crunchy exterior around its puffy interior, in contrast to a soft-exterior roll such as a hamburger roll. A hard roll may be plain, or come with either sesame seeds or (my favorites) poppy seeds on the outside, in which case you would ask either for a "seeded roll", or specifically for a "sesame seed roll" or a "poppy seed roll".

6. Re: Great bagel sandwiches near West 35th Street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 24, 2014