We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in NYC

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 51
Shopping in NYC

Does anyone know the best shops or outlet shopping centre in New York for high end quality goods - mainly womens wear!?

Atlanta, Georgia
1. Re: Shopping in NYC

Visit this link http://www.fodors.com/news/story_5395.html it contains all the famous shopping center , like FAO Schwartz etc in New York.

Australia
2. Re: Shopping in NYC

Cheers! Many thanks.

Australia
3. Re: Shopping in NYC

Many thanks - any ideas on outlet shopping in NYC - or are they located in the boon docks?

Melbourne
reviews: 7
4. Re: Shopping in NYC

In Manhattan there's Century 21, which is a discount department store:

http://www.c21stores.com/

Woodbury Common outlets are quite popular however they're not in Manhattan. You're looking at a 40min-1hr trip by bus each way so if you have minimal time in NYC, I wouldn't bother.

Almost everything is already much cheaper in the USA compared to Australia. Some department stores also give tourist discounts. I know Macy's does this - go to the info desk there with some tourist ID and you'll get a 10% discount card.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
5. Re: Shopping in NYC

another optionif you want " outlet shopping " is Jersey Gardens in New Jersey ( a bit like our DFO centres ), only a 20 -30 min bus ride from the Port Authority building in Manhattan, about $12 return ticket , No sale tax on clothing and shoes in New Jersey , Basic big brands , Nike , Addidas , Timberland , Levis etc

http://www.jerseygardens.com/

I have found though the best shopping is in New York , Macys , Bloomies , and all the little individual shops we stumble over.

Edited: 12:19 am, February 07, 2013
Australia
6. Re: Shopping in NYC

thanks!!!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 16
7. Re: Shopping in NYC

Hi there

I heard that Century 21 is like the American version of Dimmeys and Forges with really really old stock. Is this true and is it worth going to?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
8. Re: Shopping in NYC

The merchandice found in Century 21 is a far better than what you ever see in Dimmeys , High end labels at 90 % off , however the presentation is a bit like Dimmeys in that you do have to " dig" through the racks to find your bargins, it is well worth the effort

London
reviews: 82
9. Re: Shopping in NYC

I loved Woodbury Common, we were told by friends and family to go with an empty "wheely" suitcase on the bus there (pre-book tickets from Port Authority or online before you go, it's 1 hour drive away) and loads of people were loading empty cases on the bus but we decided not to do that which was a mistake. We didn't buy enough to fill a suitcase but having a suitcase would have made it much easier to carry around as the place is huge and we did buy quite a bit! I have family in Staten Island who also shop there so it was recommended by locals!

CHICAGO
reviews: 22
10. Re: Shopping in NYC

I was super overwhelmed being in C21. It would have been great if I was in a digging mood and searching for a bargain but I particularly would rather spend time sightseeing etc.. You'll spend hours and hours in Century 21.