We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 4
Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Hi,

Me and my boyfirend are going to New York for the first time in March to see Swedish House Mafia at the Barclays center Brooklyn. Our hotel is in Times square area (Yotel), my question is what is the easiest (doesnt have to be the cheapest) way to get there? The concert is due to finish around 12am so we thought about walking the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan but not sure if about so late at night..is this advisable?

Any help appriciated! My mind is boggled with all the maps and info, i have no idea where to start!

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 2
1. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

easiest and cheapest way is the same - the subway!

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

The easiest way to get there is the subway. You have many options. The 2, 3, N, or R will put you right at the Barclay's Center; the C is slightly closer to your hotel but will put you slightly further from the BC, so it's kind of a draw.

Walking across the bridge that late is totally fine -- I've done it many times. That said, March weather is unpredictable, so I'd think twice about doing this if it's snowing or raining or just very cold.

Rotterdam, The...
3. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Excellent! Thanks!

Im hoping there will be more people from the concert also walking the same way as us...but actually didnt think about the temp at that time of night....hmmm, possibly need to re-think that one!

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

One other thing to consider is that the Barclays Center is about a mile and a half from the bridge, so you'll need to walk that distance as well, or take the subway from the Barclays Center to the bridge (such as the C from Lafayette to High Street or the 2/3 to Clark).

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
5. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Plus, the Barclay's Center isn't actually that close to the Brooklyn Bridge. You'd have a 1.5 mile walk before you even got to the bridge, and I doubt there will be hordes of people making their way from the concert to the bridge after the show. It's perfectly safe, just plan for it to take an hour and a quarter or more to get from Barclay's to the other side in lower Manhattan.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
6. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

That's what I get for typing slow.

Olney, Maryland
7. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Then once you're in Lower Manhattan, you are still 4 miles from your hotel. I'd take the train from there, like walking over to the opposite side of City Hall, and taking the #2 train from the Park Place station to Times Square.

reviews: 2
8. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Thats a long walk to the Bridge

Warington
reviews: 52
9. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Done it last week for an NBA game. So easy on the subway, but as others have advised Brooklyn Bridge is a distance from the Barclays Centre.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
10. Re: Getting from Times Square to Barclays Center at night

Another reminder that Brooklyn is a lot bigger than many people might think it is -