We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambs
reviews: 28
Expedia

We are looking to book our hotel through Expedia, any comments?

36 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
reviews: 27
1. Re: Expedia

I prefer booking directly.

London, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Expedia

I have booked various flights and hotels via expedia for various countries and never had a problem. Also booked our new York trip via expedia.

London, United...
3. Re: Expedia

If you book via topcashback your get money off also the nectar points they offer.

Edited: 4:24 pm, January 22, 2013
Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
4. Re: Expedia

Book directly!! No reason for third parties.

London, United...
5. Re: Expedia

Yeah it also depends if u can get cheaper by booking direct

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
6. Re: Expedia

I've used Expedia for years. After identifying interesting hotels, I always check the hotel's direct site as well. Sometimes Expedia is cheaper and sometimes it isn't.

reviews: 2
7. Re: Expedia

We booked through expedia - no issues so far, including transport from airport to hotel for $12 return. We called them and informed them we had seen the hotel priced cheaper and they dropped the price for us to match/less. This was flight/hotel/transport. Manchester to Newark 4 nights at the new yorker hotel.

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 20
8. Re: Expedia

I have recently booked through Expedia. They had a 'sale' on at a few hotels a couple of weeks ago and the price was much, much cheaper than the hotel website. I have used them before and I have never had a problem with them.

new york
reviews: 31
9. Re: Expedia

I have booked through expedia, but I prefer to book directly with the hotel. If the price is cheaper, I would contact the hotel and see if they will price match.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 6
10. Re: Expedia

Danboy20000, if your transport from the airport is a shared van, which it sounds like, read the forum here about them. You may spend more time driving around the airport terminals and dropping others off at their hotels before you reach your own destination. If you want to use that option then, well at least you will know what to expect!

Edited: 5:13 pm, January 22, 2013
Reply to: Expedia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted