We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 9
Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me and shed some light on what would be classed as a "reasonable" price for a return flight from London to NYC in July?

A friend of mine has just set the date for their wedding in NYC - July 2013 and the flights just seem really expensive. Having looked on Kayak etc 680 pounds seems to be about the cheapest I can find for a London to NYC return.

Whenever I have gone to NYC before it has always been off peak, so I'm used to fares at approx 450-500 mark. Can anyone let me know whether I can expect the 680 to drop a little or go up? When should I book a flight for July?

I appreciate its a peak time to travel with school holidays etc, but as its for a wedding I cant shift my dates.

I would be appreciative of anybodys insight or advice.

Thanks!

Olney, Maryland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

When you went to New York before, I guessing it was more than 3 years ago. Summer prices (actually all prices) between the US and Europe have gone up a lot. I'd wait a few more weeks, because they probably won't go up higher but may go lower. But not very likely. To compare, look at prices now, and expect the summer to be 100-150 pounds higher.

galway
reviews: 34
2. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

what dates ?

Bristol
3. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

Galway85, the wedding is on the 27th July so I am flexible as to when I go and leave as long as I am there for that date. I am also flexible in terms of duration -minimum 5 nights or so and ideally no more than 10 nights.

NorthofDC - thanks. I will keep an eye out and look to pay the 100-150 extra. Its useful to have a guide.

Edited: 2:13 am, January 18, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

statravel does well, just got mine for 287 one way lhr to jfk / it is a flight in february so no idea how it will go but should be fine

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 2
5. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

theres no comparison between a 1 way flight in feb and a return flight in july.

OP, I would also keep an eye on www.kayak.com

galway
6. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

I option fly aer lingus Bristol-Dublin-JFK return the same it will cost 670.00 each you clear customs/immigration in Dublin so not delay in JFK also saves hassle & cost of trip to London.

Bristol
7. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

Galway85, thats a thought - thank you! I hadnt considered flying from Bristol, always flown from London direct before.

Also didnt know about clearing customs in Dublin either, useful to know!

I will monitor prices, thanks for your help!

galway
8. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

YOu may also look at Delta & Continental as they also fly direct from Dublin to JFK & Newark

9. Re: Cost of flights - London to NYC - July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014