We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Italian

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 16
Authentic Italian

I am looking for somewhere to eat on Monday night while in NYC. Any suggestions are appreciated, but I would really like to find some authentic Italian. Fresh food, from people that are actually Italian. No chains. Looking for homemade pastas, good quality. Don't care about it being super fancy at all. Just amazing food, that I'd be unable to get at home. Hope someone can help. The sheer amount of places are overwhelming and I feel that I'm about to be victim to a TOURIST TRAP! Thanks!

Also, any suggestions for Thai, Chinese, Sushi, Seafood, French, etc. would be great. We'll be there a few days. Would like local, authentic experiences :) Looking for things I can't get in suburbia.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
1. Re: Authentic Italian

Hey arauth:-) A couple of places comes to mind.. one is Monte's in lower Manhattan.. the other, on the UWS.. V & T's across from St. John the Divine;-) Enjoy!

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 28
2. Re: Authentic Italian

In the West Village

No frills:

Lupa-

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d42…

Otto (their pasta is great, but for pizza there are better places)

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d50…

Fancier (&more expensive)

Babbo-

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d42…

Edited: 6:05 am, December 24, 2012
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 23
3. Re: Authentic Italian

We went to Rubirosa for lunch yesterday in Nolita...down near Soho...We really liked it....it started in Staten Island with the father and uncle of the current owner....

They have humongous pizzas... 1 large one (1/2 classic/ 1/2 sausage-rabe-broccoli) was TOO big for two gutses (tho' we did start with some arancini which were delish). No room for cannoli unfortunately. We saw a table of 5 have 2 large pizzas to share...

Here's the review page (inc address and option to book on Open Table) from Trip Advisor.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d20…

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
4. Re: Authentic Italian

There are so many such places in the city. Here are a few more...

Giovanni Rana - in the Chelsea market. A pasta legend from Verona

Da Andrea - Chefs/owners from Emilia Romagna. Try the Tigelle with Prosciutto, and the homemade Pappardelle

Il Melograno - Very similar to Da Andrea. Owner/Cchef from the north as well.

Jenny, glad you enjoyed Rubirosa. We love their Vodka pies.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 54
5. Re: Authentic Italian

Otto Zero Nove on West 21st. An outpost of an Arthur Ave restaurant. My favorite is the homemade radiatore which I am probably spelling wrong!

suitcaseready.com

6. Re: Authentic Italian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 26, 2013