We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limousine Service New York City.

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athlone, Ireland
Limousine Service New York City.

Has anyone used AVIS LIMOUSINE Service in New York City?? Are they a reliable company as I want to book an Airport pickup?

24 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 2
1. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

Never heard of them. Picking a car service based on price is a really bad idea. For cheap and cheerful (ie dependable but not fancy)

dial7.com

allstatelimo.com

You phone them when you're ready to leave the airport and they tell you where to meet the driver. Tolls and a tip for the driver are on top of posted rates.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 90
2. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

Avoid these no-name fly-by-night companies you find on the internet.

There are some really really bad companies out there - they keep getting shut down by the authorities and then they come back the next day with a new name and the cars registered to their dodgy cousin or something.

The two most well-established and trusted outfits are All State and Dial 7.

If you are looking to save money, there is excellent public transport that is often faster than a sedan and always much much less expensive.

London, United...
3. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

DONT!!!!

Ive made the stupid mistake of using them without checking first, and, oh god, where to start...

Limo was an hour and a Half late, everytime I called, getting angrier and angrier they said things like its 5 miles away, will be there in 15min, its because of traffic... And when the driver arrived he said that it was due to the car breaking down. They were just lying in my face!

car was absolutely not to the standard I was expecting, was really old.

And worst is coming! I complained, sent 2 emails, never had an answer, and one month after using this service, the debited my account AGAIN for the same amount of money!!!!!

Im currently waiting for a refund and they better give it to me!!!

My advise; you better pay a bit more but at least you know what you getting!

4. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, December 25, 2012

Darien, Connecticut
reviews: 1
5. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

RE: Buyers Beware!

Dear Omayra Cruz, Director of Customer Service at GroundLink, and Todd Lieberman, Fleet Manager of GroundLink:

Regarding my stolen iPad. I understand that GroundLink is not legally responsible for personal items left in a car, however I am disappointed that GroundLink would allow one of its drivers act in this manner without repercussion. A car service is a premier service where the drivers are expected to operate with integrity. It is impossible to prove whether the driver or the subsequent passenger took the iPad. However, given that the subsequent passenger was dropped off at an airport, according to GroundLink's dispatch when I first reported the item missing, and the fact that the iPad GPS was tracked to a NYC suburb less than 24 hours after the incident, all evidence points to the GroundLink driver. Additionally, it would be hard for GroundLink's driver not to notice a white iPad lying on his black leather car seats.

I have been using weekly car services for more than ten years, the last two of which have been with GroundLink. Over this period, I have sporadically left items in cars by mistake and in all cases the items were immediately returned with the drivers operating with the highest integrity. GroundLink claims to have a strict code of conduct regarding drivers taking personal items of passengers left in vehicles, regardless of value. I am somewhat surprised that GroundLink would not stand by that commitment by taking action against the driver or replacing my iPad.

Darien, Connecticut
reviews: 1
6. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

RE: Buyers Beware!

Dear Omayra Cruz, Director of Customer Service at GroundLink, and Todd Lieberman, Fleet Manager of GroundLink:

Regarding my stolen iPad. I understand that GroundLink is not legally responsible for personal items left in a car, however I am disappointed that GroundLink would allow one of its drivers act in this manner without repercussion. A car service is a premier service where the drivers are expected to operate with integrity. It is impossible to prove whether the driver or the subsequent passenger took the iPad. However, given that the subsequent passenger was dropped off at an airport, according to GroundLink's dispatch when I first reported the item missing, and the fact that the iPad GPS was tracked to a NYC suburb less than 24 hours after the incident, all evidence points to the GroundLink driver. Additionally, it would be hard for GroundLink's driver not to notice a white iPad lying on his black leather car seats.

I have been using weekly car services for more than ten years, the last two of which have been with GroundLink. Over this period, I have sporadically left items in cars by mistake and in all cases the items were immediately returned with the drivers operating with the highest integrity. GroundLink claims to have a strict code of conduct regarding drivers taking personal items of passengers left in vehicles, regardless of value. I am somewhat surprised that GroundLink would not stand by that commitment by taking action against the driver or replacing my iPad.

NYC / Fire Island...
7. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

Hola.

We have lived in NYC for 40+ years and during that time have used almost every limo service offered. For the past 9+ years we have exclusively used New Day Car Service for frequent rides to/from the airports, trips to NJ to see family and friends, and shopping in the City especially for large & bulky stuff. New Day cars/vans seem to be larger and cleaner, and the drivers are courteous and friendly and have never given us any grief...they are always on time, never deviate from the agreed-upon rates, no accidents, not even a flat tire. Further, the rates may even be slightly less than the competition.

That said, we do NOT recommend that anyone ever pre-pay for a car service (we never do with New Day). For additional information, give New Day a call at: (800) 228-3265 . Note: New Day's website is NOT a secure Website, so again, call them for a reservation.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 12:55 am, July 20, 2013
Nottingham
reviews: 83
8. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

Used Dial 7 twice in March, on arrival and on departure: car was on time, clean and very comfortable.

Using them again in September.

9. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, July 26, 2013

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
10. Re: Limousine Service New York City.

# 9 ( not repeating name to have it linger here) you are not allowed to advertise. That is why your post will soon disappear!

Reply to: Limousine Service New York City.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted