We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend some Bars

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 4
Can you recommend some Bars

I am coming to NY in three weeks with my sister, both in our fifties and our daughters, late twenties. Can you recommendss ome bars near 60th Street 2nd/3rd Avenue? We are eating at Serendipity one night so I thought we could have a look at some bars in the area. Also we are going on a Dyker Lights tour which drops us off at Union Square. Would it be better to go to a couple of bars here or go on to Bleeker Street in the Village?

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
reviews: 27
1. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

What type of bar do you want.

I could easily list a number of great bars in Union Square, or near Bleecker Street, but you may not care for the style or drinks.

Do you want beer, or do you want cocktails? Do you want bottle service, and are you dressing up to the nines, or do you want something comfy and relaxed.

M

Liverpool
2. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Thanks for your response. We will be probably dressed in jeans after a long day. We would just like a place where we can have a couple of vodkas or wine and maybe a cocktail or two.

Greenwich...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Why did you choose Serendipity? The frozen hot chocolate is overrated enough but the actual food is just bad.

Liverpool
4. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

My daughter chose Serendipity as one of the things she really wnated to do. She had eaten inthe one in Las Vegas and enjoyed it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 36
5. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

There are plenty of bars around Union Square, in Flatiron just north, and in Greenwich Village just south. Two suggestions:

Lillie's on 17th Street between Broadway & Fifth Avenue...decorates very prettily at Christmas:

http://unionsquare.lilliesnyc.com/

The Cellar at Beecher's:

beechershandmadecheese.com/Locations/NewYork…

Liverpool
6. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Thanks for your response. We will try Lillies.

New York City, New...
reviews: 162
7. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

You say bars near 60th Street, so Lillies on 17th is way far from there. Closer to you I would recommend Lavo in 58th between Madison and Park. It is opposite the famous TAO restaurant and the 4 Seasons hotel. Lavo is a great trendy place but can get very crowded. It also has a restaurant.

Liverpool
8. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Thanks for your response.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 36
9. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Good choice, Maisie, it looks very festive there at this time of year! :)

(D0n, she also asked for recommendations near Union Square, where the Dyker Heights tour bus is dropping them off one night).

Edited: 12:07 pm, November 21, 2012
Liverpool
10. Re: Can you recommend some Bars

Thanks for your response