We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

Which New York City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new orleans
reviews: 4
Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

We will be traveling to NY City in mid December. We are from the New Orleans area and would like to "pay forward" some of the kindnesses that we received after Hurricane Katrina.

If you know of any programs where we could help please let me know.

Thanks

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
1. Re: Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

Well, one thing you can do to ease some of the local pain is take me to lunch at Mr Bs tomorrow for the BBQ shrimp and pasta jambalaya. I'm here one more day.

After that you can simply do a search here and find recent discussions about this topic. Thanks for doing this.

New York City, New...
reviews: 62
2. Re: Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

This would help:

nyc.gov/portal/site/nycgov/menuitem.46da1f71…

But Mayor Bloomberg told us that cash/donation will be more helpful. Also there are many charity parties/events. Keep googling with keywords, and I am sure you can help us. Thanks.

new orleans
reviews: 4
3. Re: Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

Thanks for the replys and ziggy 60 I wish I would have known you were in N.O. my husband and I had dinner at Mr B's on Saturday! :)

We may just do a donation - if that is what is really needed most.

4. Re: Where can we volunteer during our trip to NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 16, 2013